Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Where's MotorCityTrikes? He was looking to move to Detroit, funding for his business, and a life-partner. I'm thinking he could cross all three off of his to-do list.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    A good episode Thursday evening. Although somebody needs to tell her its East Grand Boulevard not Grand Boulevard, and its a British Arts & Crafts house not a Tudor.
    Nicole and you should meet sometime. The knowledge that you posses on local houses and their history would seem to me be very valuable to her if she wanted to take a crack at a house that has historical significance in Detroit that needs some restoration you would be the guy to talk to no doubt.

My dad, who is now 70, refers to it as "the Boulevard".

Quote Originally Posted by Tuere View Post
    Growing up in the city I always heard older Detroiters simply referring to it as "The Boulevard". So there's that too...

Did anyone else catch Nicole’s new show on HGTV last night? “Rehab Addict Rescue.” Instead of her own projects, she’s helping eight overwhelmed Detroit homeowners.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.det...amp/4277277001

The first house featured was in Indian Village [[Burns south of Kercheval - I found it on streetview.) As a former West Villager I’m looking forward to the upcoming episode there.

I love the authenticity of her work, although her kitchens and baths might be a bit too authentic for me. But it’s so nice to see walls not being torn down left and right. And the ubiquitous granite and gray paint.
    Last edited by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast; January-29-21 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Did anyone else catch Nicole’s new show on HGTV last night? “Rehab Addict Rescue.” Instead of her own projects, she’s helping eight overwhelmed Detroit homeowners.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.det...amp/4277277001

The first house featured was in Indian Village [[Burns south of Kercheval - I found it on streetview. As a former West Villager I’m looking forward to the episode there.

I love the authenticity of her work, although her kitchens and baths might be a bit too authentic for me. But it’s so nice to see walls not being torn down left and right. And the ubiquitous granite and gray paint.
    I did! Not a bad renovation on a $40,000. budget. Looking forward to future episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    I did! Not a bad renovation on a $40,000. budget. Looking forward to future episodes.
    I agree - a lot of work for $40k. But with such a modest renovation budget, the homeowners bit off a lot. I’m sure quite a lot remains to be done.
    Last edited by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast; January-29-21 at 08:41 PM.

lol so I guess that user desperately asking for candidates here really was her and not a scam after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    lol so I guess that user desperately asking for candidates here really was her and not a scam after all.
    I thought the same.

Thanks for saving the Ransom Gills House, Nicole.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Does she actually "construct" anything, or just prance around in Daisey Dukes and tight t-shirts?
    Definition of “Daisy Duke’s”:

Really short tight-fitting cut-down blue jean shorts. Derived from the shorts that Daisy Duke [[Catherine Bach) used to wear on the old “Dukes of Hazzard” TV show.

Name:  dasie 2021 [[2).jpg
Views: 850
Size:  210.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    Definition of “Daisy Duke’s”:

Really short tight-fitting cut-down blue jean shorts. Derived from the shorts that Daisy Duke [[Catherine Bach) used to wear on the old “Dukes of Hazzard” TV show.

Name:  dasie 2021 [[2).jpg
Views: 850
Size:  210.4 KB
    WOW! Thanks for the post, sincerely!

Actually I met her when she was here working on the Ransom Gillis House. Sat in the back of the black Escalade and played with the newborn"s toes. [[he giggled) She's a nice young lady and if she found a way to support herself and her family legitimately, more power to her. Truth be told, if someone would pay me to wear Daisy Dukes on TV I would.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; January-30-21 at 11:45 AM.

We all pray and ask God to make sure that day never comes.

Another good episode this week. A nice gay couple in Highland Park. Now that their house is livable I hope the wedding has been planned.

Highland Park can use all the love it can get. The historic district in HP does have some potential.
    Last edited by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast; February-06-21 at 12:12 PM.

Now that's an image! -----

Truth be told, if someone would pay me to wear Daisy Dukes on TV I would.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-06-21 at 01:49 PM.

I have never seen her in Daisy Dukes; mostly jeans or shorts
    Actually I met her when she was here working on the Ransom Gillis House. Sat in the back of the black Escalade and played with the newborn"s toes. [[he giggled) She's a nice young lady and if she found a way to support herself and her family legitimately, more power to her. Truth be told, if someone would pay me to wear Daisy Dukes on TV I would.

Well at least she's hedging her bets with the crucifix tattoo!

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    ...Really short tight-fitting cut-down blue jean shorts. Derived from the shorts that Daisy Duke [[Catherine Bach) used to wear on the old “Dukes of Hazzard” TV show.

What I'm saying is I don't think that's Nicole Curtis; face isn't even the same
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Well at least she's hedging her bets with the crucifix tattoo!

I know nothing about her, the show etc. I was just commenting about the tat!

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post

smh....

If you want to see her in those shorts, or without any shorts, I think she's got a pay-site for that.

Name:  images.png
Views: 551
Size:  7.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Highland Park is so beautiful, people need to start moving there and doing more of these renovations. The place is a true gem.

I don't believe anyone said the blonde in post 35 was her.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    I don't believe anyone said the blonde in post 35 was her.
    Lord have mercy !! Those dukes are pretty close to revealing that Kitty Cat.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast