Ho Hum! Just another Labor Day!

This one is on a Monday. The date is of more consequence.

September 1st is a special day for a lot of things. A harbinger of Autumn and the falling leaves!

A birth date for one person out of 365.

In 1949, September 1 was on a Thursday. I remember it quite well. A pleasant group of relatives and friends had gathered in St. Joseph’s Church, near Gratiot and Orleans. Two children, a girl and a boy were about to be wed! And they were. An Angel and an ‘Ass.’ The Ass took a long time to mature. The Angel persevered .

Note:
The purpose of this post, is this. She loves my mushy gush and I do it as copiously as I can. She is an invalid . Dementia and Aphasia are her demons.
She cannot walk without aid. She cannot feed herself. Her speech is 95% gone. With gutturals of “yes or no” we get along.

I can drag that out a little more but it is not necessary. I am her 24/7 Caretaker. I cook, clean, serve, shop, along with the more bodily functions. When tremors pop out I stop them just by holding her hands.
In addition we have two part time Caregivers whose only job is to concentrate on Peggy. Read to her, exercise her, [[especially balloon volley ball. figure that one out) and work with cosmetics and nail polish to make her feel like just another woman. And so she does.)

So, why this Post? Good Question. I stumbled over it 8 years ago. When I got replies, [[almost all favorable,) Peggy began reading every thing and was tickled like a kid . She stopped reading over two years ago and so I read it to her. If I read her a ‘bad news’ comment, she would give it the ‘raspberries’

I went shopping yesterday, and brought home 4 Bouquets of flowers to set on the Living Room floor, in front of the Love Seat. We sit in our Laz-Z-Boy [[and girl) chairs on the opposite side of the room to see the flowers all day and night.Our anniversary is number 65,

P.S. When the one caregiver and our next door neighbor came over to visit Peggy yesterday, they all ganged up on me, if only vocally. When I told them I was going to write a post about them [[they all know I was a Plumber)) one of them told me to go “flush yourself.” We have our little life.