Filmmaker Jim Jarmusch's recently released to DVD/Blu-Ray, "Only Lovers Left Alive," was, as many probably already know, was partially shot in Detroit. Even though I am a huge fan of Jarmusch, I did not know this. Shame on me. When I saw this film for sale recently, I nabbed a copy. Since the story revolves around vampires, all the Detroit shots were shown at night. Of course the Packard Plant made a cameo appearance.

I have to thank the DIA for introducing me to Jarmusch os many years ago when his film "Stranger Than Paradise" was showing at the DFT one Friday night so many years ago. And his films since have been so satisfying in a very offbeat way. Normally I would have known about the release of this film but with the demise of Thomas Video...I'm still in mourning as a dedicated and devoted customer who saw so many great films over the decades, titles one would never find on the shelves of Blockbuster or Hollywood Video stores.

In any event, I enjoyed this latest offering of Jarmusch, and even more so having sport trying to ID the areas of the city.

Anybody know where that main house is located?