Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    ... Wesley.... Wake the fuck up. You are the biggest shill on this website.
    The very name Wesley Mouch itself ever-so-vaguely reveals an alliance with the corrupt ideology of the radical Ayn Rand. Its benevolent veneer evokes the warnings of Friendly Fascism: The New Face of Power in America.
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-24-14 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by professorscott View Post
    Well, since we're talking mostly about Detroit here on DY, let me ask: is there one single district outside Detroit that will accept Detroit students? I'm not aware of any. Also I'm not aware of any cross-county cross-district open enrollment, which is important because kids on the north side of the D live closer to schools in south Oakland and Macomb counties than in western Wayne or [[imagine) the Pointes.
    I thought we already have this. Michigan has basically open enrollment because of the school choice legislation. The only exception is for schools with no space, or who basically pay a penalty for not accepting schools of choice [[so the Bloomfields of the world).

But even top performing districts like Rochester, or Novi, are open to kids from other districts, I believe.

I believe there are tons of Detroit students attending all the districts surrounding Detroit, BTW [[with GP as the obvious exception). A tiny district like River Rouge or Melvindale may have more Detroit kids than local kids at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    I thought we already have this. Michigan has basically open enrollment because of the school choice legislation. The only exception is for schools with no space, or who basically pay a penalty for not accepting schools of choice [[so the Bloomfields of the world).

But even top performing districts like Rochester, or Novi, are open to kids from other districts, I believe.

I believe there are tons of Detroit students attending all the districts surrounding Detroit, BTW [[with GP as the obvious exception). A tiny district like River Rouge or Melvindale may have more Detroit kids than local kids at this point.
    No school in Wayne County that opts for schools of choice can fail to accept kids from Detroit. There are only two options: 105--within your ISD [[county) or 105[[c)--within your ISD and adjacent ISDs.

Plymouth Canton opted for schools of choice, so any DPS kid who could get there could go.

That Great Guy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BankruptcyGuy View Post
    No school in Wayne County that opts for schools of choice can fail to accept kids from Detroit. There are only two options: 105--within your ISD [[county) or 105[[c)--within your ISD and adjacent ISDs.

Plymouth Canton opted for schools of choice, so any DPS kid who could get there could go.
    The NEW Regional Transit Authority RTA is coming. Then there will be bus service from Detroit to Canton for those DPS kids.

We used to have Henry Ford give Detroit jobs. Now, there is another Mr. Ford.
    Last edited by That Great Guy; August-25-14 at 09:17 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3