Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Yup and there you go. Welcome to 1855. Person has no understanding about anything but decides to prove to the world how stupid he is by posting absolute nonsense. Why even post any signs or time traffic lights or even have roads. Fuck it. Horses and guns.
    You are a delusional fool, if you can not see MDOT wasting money at the same time they claim not to have enough.

Before you start calling me stupid, think about what you saying, on second thought forget it, as that would require a tiny amount of intelligence.

I stand by my comments, when you look at all the signs being replaced with bigger ones, and all the functional lights [[poles, cables etc.) being replaced, even though they still have a useful life left in them, you still have a very sizable chunk of change.

You may think it is nonsense to complain about wasteful spending by an organization that claims to not have enough funding, but you are wrong.

Mark Smiles says: "You are a delusional fool, if you can not see MDOT wasting money at the same time they claim not to have enough."

Actually, it's the legislature wasting the money when it appropriates funds by line item to be used for that purpose only. If you don't like the next intersection signs, call your legislator. Oh but wait, they're rethuglicans, so it must be MDOT's fault.
    Last edited by 7miledog; September-01-14 at 09:42 PM. Reason: To include quote I was responding to

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Smiles View Post
    You are a delusional fool, if you can not see MDOT wasting money at the same time they claim not to have enough.

Before you start calling me stupid, think about what you saying, on second thought forget it, as that would require a tiny amount of intelligence.

I stand by my comments, when you look at all the signs being replaced with bigger ones, and all the functional lights [[poles, cables etc.) being replaced, even though they still have a useful life left in them, you still have a very sizable chunk of change.

You may think it is nonsense to complain about wasteful spending by an organization that claims to not have enough funding, but you are wrong.
    A few things--

As mentioned above, signs have a finite life span: the reflective sheeting wears out, they get knocked over.

The national standards [[aka the MUTCD) for sign retroreflectivity recently updated. There are several ways that communities can check the reflectivity of their signs, such as using a light meter; using trained spotters; blanket replacement after x number of years; etc.

Finally, signs are meant to be seen. Seems obvious. With an aging population, there is an effort to make signs easier to see and interpret. MDOT is moving to Clearview font on freeway signs. Signs are required to be mixed case for easier reading. And, there is an effort to make guideway signs [[just like the 'Big Beaver Next Right') larger and easier to read.

That's not to say there is no waste or that the MUTCD is perfect. Woodward in Royal Oak was resigned a year ago. The duplicate signs were up for a good 4 months.