Quote Originally Posted by UMich06 View Post
Is there something about I-96 that just prevents it from getting flooded? There was not a drop of water on the road today, and the only flooding I saw yesterday was right near the Telegraph exit ramp [[where it closes). It could be that the western suburbs didn't get nearly as much rain. I live in Northville and haven't heard of any flooded basements [[yet).
I live in Northville, around Seven Mile/Northville Road. A friend and I went to the Livonia AMC and came out around 6Pish to see a deluge flooding the front of the theater. The entrance off Haggerty is graded down to the theater where the storm sewers were unable to keep up with the flooding water. We went to the north of the theater and water was coming into the theater thru the bottom of the door. We exited on the northeast exits at the back of the theater only to find an ankle high flow of water coming off the front. I got to the car OK and picked up my friend from the back exits. I saw no flooding on the ride home from 7 Mile/Haggerty going west. Our townhouse was without power until yesterday afternoon. No flooded basements in our complex, King's Mill.