Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    ^^^Then perhaps you should contact the Ferguson Police to let them know they have another witness that knows exactly what happened.
    There are multiple witnesses saying the same thing. See links above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Could you be more specific regarding your point in referring us to that link?
    Self explanatory if you read the question quoted and the story linked.

Pam asked: "When would deadly force be justified on an unarmed man trying to run away? ."

I said ask Anaheim PD because they did exactly the same thing - shot someone in the back as he ran away.

And yes, under the situations that occurred in Ferguson and Anaheim, I could easily see Detroit erupting the same way.

As I recall, Detroit has erupted several times in the last 30 or 40 years over similar events.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Were there been any protests and looting in certain areas in Detroit ghettohoods after Steve Utash was beat up be black males wearing Travyon Martins?

no, because our local news media, surveillance videos and other witness that will not snitch cover that.

We're there been any protests and looting in certain Metro-Detroit suburbs after a Dearborn resident named Wafer shot a helpless black female named Renisha McBride in his doorstep?

no, because our local news media cover the person responsible. And the accused admitted it.

If those two events have been cover properly than rioting and looting will begin.

In Ferguson, MS. the covering of the police officer shooting a black male is not justified and the name of the police officer involve was not wholly televised. The Black community there want some answers or they respond their right to fights either be protests or violence. Black folks are getting tired hearing young black folks getting killed by other race. It would a racial powder keg waiting to explode. If the Ferguson police officer had followed safety procedure before making simple arrest or a some justifiable shooting then this like a everyday protests, looting and more shooting would not happen.
    Ferguson, MO, not MS. MS is Mississippi.

Other than that, you say Black people are tired of Black people being shot by White people. That I totally get. However, in many areas where you have gangs operating, minorities are shot by each other all the time. Nobody seems to care about that. I think the outrage is out-of-proportion compared to the every day outrages that happen. I also don't think violence solves anything.

We don't really know for sure what happened in Ferguson. Hopefully an investigation will clear out the speculation and help us actually get to the bottom of it.

I do think that the "protesters" who loot and set fire to things and cause more violence make the whole outrage seem like an excuse to get free stuff and commit crimes. It makes a joke out of the whole thing. Al Sharpton likes to make things worse.

Either way, I hope there is a resolution to this. Rioting isn't good for anybody.

If Michael Brown was committing a robbery earlier that night, it does put a different spin on this, but then the issue is whether the police officer knew Brown was a suspect and what exactly happened.

I do try to give both parties the benefit of the doubt. Police put their lives on the line every day, and I think the majority of them are good. They have to make quick decisions and assess the situation and take action. That said, not everybody who the police get after is really guilty. So, I'll try to reserve judgement until the investigation reveals their findings. I just think the rioting isn't good for anybody. It makes the community itself look bad. The police don't look good here, either.
    Last edited by LeannaM; August-17-14 at 12:56 PM.

It's seems to me that when the black community is threatened from another race, the violence and looting begins. It's like if you mess with a bee, you're going to get stunned.

Bees don't burn down their own hives.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Bees don't burn down their own hives.
    Or use stun guns.

1. A lot of muddled testimony in which everyone hears what they want to hear.

2. The mob is calling for immediate arrest and incarceration of the police officer. A police officer often has to shoot in line of duty. It is only when an investigation has determined that the police officer exceeded the bounds of his duty in making a shoot that he is arrested and put on trial. A non-police shooter would be immediately arrested.

3. I think a defense attorney could make a reasonable case for the first shot or maybe two. After that, the succeeding shots were a matter of adrenalin or "roid fueled rage" [[take your pick). The officer was so shaken another officer had to make the detailed report.

4. When all is said and done [[and more will be said than done), I could see a manslaughter conviction based on the later shots. I definitely do not see murder one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    3. I think a defense attorney could make a reasonable case for the first shot or maybe two. After that, the succeeding shots were a matter of adrenalin or "roid fueled rage" [[take your pick). The officer was so shaken another officer had to make the detailed report.

4. When all is said and done [[and more will be said than done), I could see a manslaughter conviction based on the later shots. I definitely do not see murder one.

In real life bullets don't send people flying though the air like they do on TV [[Especially the relatively small caliber rounds from a pistol). This most likely happened in seconds and in that case the guy might not even have realized he had been hit [[From the autopsy diagrams only two wounds were serious and they may have been the last rounds fired). It's not as if the officer can freeze time and check to see if the first round even hit the intended target. He's trained to fire until the target is no longer a threat and unless he continued shooting after that the number of rounds means nothing.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; August-18-14 at 07:37 PM.

In real life bullets don't send people flying though the air like they do on TV [[Especially the relatively small caliber rounds from a pistol). This most likely happened in seconds and in that case the guy might not even have realized he had been hit [[From the autopsy diagrams only two wounds were serious and they may have been the last rounds fired). It's not as if the officer can freeze time and check to see if the first round even hit the intended target. He's trained to fire until the target is no longer a threat and unless he continued shooting after that the number of rounds means nothing.
    I'm guessing your badge number has a five in it somewhere Johnnny5?

I waiting for the Second American Civil War. It will start with Ferguson, Missouri known as the Michael Brown War.

I would assume the officer was firing something more than .380 fully jacketed rounds. A .40 hollow point at that range should stop a guy [[not send him flying backwards, but at least making him lurch). If the bullet doesn't go on through, the kinetic energy must be absorbed by the guy taking the bullet. E=mv^2.

Here's your "Kid" from Ferguson:

Convenience store surveillance video released by the Ferguson, Missouri Police Department shows a "strong-arm" robbery that took place on Aug. 9, 2014. Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson released documents alleging Michael Brown was killed after a robbery in which he was suspected of stealing a box of cigars.
    Source : http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/ferg...al-shooting/2/

Here we have an African American business owner using his 2nd amendment
    rights to protect his business from violent looters and criminals.

The problem re. the protests during incidences like this is that a percentage of folks 'protesting' have their own agenda of looting and tearing down with no thought of tomorrow. A tomorrow when you have to wait for the FEMA truck to deliver pack meals, water and basic necessities, etc. It's crazy and some are fanning the flames.

Smart man. He knows that the so-called alignments can shift -- and have already done so. Particularly so as the broader agenda of greed overtakes the original expression.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    Here we have an African American business owner using his 2nd amendment rights to protect his business from violent looters and criminals.

As Missouri violence flares, fingers point to outsiders

http://news.msn.com/us/as-missouri-v...t-to-outsiders
    By the end of another night of violence, 31 people had been arrested, marking the latest outbreak of rancor in the St. Louissuburb where calls for peaceful protests have been overshadowed by episodes of looting, arson and clashes with police.

Police have yet to release arrests records, leaving open the question of who is to blame for outbursts of late-night violence and looting. Some have made no efforts to hide their faces, others have charged into stores bare-chested, with shirts wrapped over their faces and baseball caps pulled over their brows.
    At times, the most violent element hide in alleys, emerging to throw rocks or bottles before disappearing again. Others are caught and taken into custody.
    My money is on that it's the Jessie Jackson / Reverend Al race war crew. Anything they can do to stir up racial tension . . . they do it. After all, if racism ends, they are out of a job. Racism is an industry they have learned to make a very substantial living out of.

CNN was reporting that of the arrests last night, 11 were journalists. Tee, hee! Love it!

Black folks in Ferguson, MO. are ready for Michael Brown Civil War! Protests and looting will commence.

Black folks in Ferguson, MO. are ready for Michael Brown Civil War! Protests and looting will commence.
    If that ever happens, though-let's pray none of this will spread to Metro Detroit, but we need a plan to come up with if any related simultaneous riots touch off in Metro Detroit.

In fact, I believe I thought some of that rioting had already spread here, as two hours ago I heard an ambulance siren and a gunshot-like sound that was actually thunder-both were in Wyandotte, BTW. Plus, I looked from a second-story window and tiny clouds that hovered over there to the southwest, making me think the Southgate Meijer was being attacked.
    Last edited by mtburb; August-19-14 at 08:00 PM.

Problem is, most white folks don't like black folks. Most black folks hate white folks.

Problem is, most white folks don't like black folks. Most black folks hate white folks.
    "Most?"

I'm quite pessimistic & cynical, but I think you went way overboard, with that statement.

In my experience, most folks are relieved, once the ice is broken, that they don't have to deal with racial confrontation on top of all the other problems in their lives. A simple smile or a humble offer of mutual support can easily break that thin ice. Surprisingly deep friendships can be formed at that very moment.

It's truly magical and deeply human when that happens.
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-20-14 at 10:39 PM.

I go by how people act.

If you act like an idiot, I stay away. If not, we can get along most likely.

If you're playing rap music, we ain't gonna get a long.

Same for Opera. Ain't happening.

You can't be ready for a civil war when... well never mind. What a mess this has become.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    In my experience, most folks are relieved, once the ice is broken, that they don't have to deal with racial confrontation on top of all the other problems in their lives. A simple smile or a humble offer of mutual support can easily break that thin ice. Surprisingly deep friendships can be formed at that very moment.

It's truly magical and deeply human when that happens.
    Your comment reminded me of a letter I saw in the Free Press about the flooding:

http://www.freep.com/article/2014081.../detroit-flood

No one was defined based on race, age or socio-economic status. We were all just human, aiding each other and working together. No cutting people off, no flipping the bird, no pretending not to see the car next to you so you don’t have to let them merge. No tempers flaring, no horns honking — just human decency. The last, and only other time I saw this kind of humanity was after 9/11.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast