Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Problem is, most white folks don't like black folks. Most black folks hate white folks.

Of course! Racism had been around for since the dawn of human civilization. It's based our religion, cowardice, pestilence, fear and power and control over the planet. It's in our human nature and will continue to do so until the end of the world.

Thanks, Pam.
    As I sat in the whirpool that was the Lodge Freeway on Monday night, I felt fortunate to be in that situation. I know it sounds odd, but here’s what I saw:

There were hundreds of us unable to move. Worse, the situation was becoming more dire. Cars up ahead were completely submerged, and behind us, cars as far as the eye could see. Everyone was getting out of their cars to see why traffic wasn’t moving. And then, it happened. Common decency took over.

Everyone worked together to figure out a solution. Truckers moved to the shoulder to allow room for cars to maneuver their vehicles. Near the Davison entrance ramp, a woman directed traffic, enabling cars to get off the expressway. What, an hour before, was a mass of cars fighting for position, became a united front.

There were Cadillacs, Fiestas, Accords and vehicles that clearly were on their last legs. There were caucasians, African Americans, Hispanics and Asians. Young, old and middle age.

No one was defined based on race, age or socio-economic status. We were all just human, aiding each other and working together. No cutting people off, no flipping the bird, no pretending not to see the car next to you so you don’t have to let them merge. No tempers flaring, no horns honking — just human decency. The last, and only other time I saw this kind of humanity was after 9/11.

Why does it take a catastrophe to bring people together? And why can’t this be the norm instead of the exception? Humanity is possible. I saw it. I just wish I saw it more often.

Rochelle Navarro

West Bloomfield
    Then we can go one step further and ponder why that truly saintly class of human being occasionally performs anonymous acts of kindness. You know you can trust a person who does the right thing even when no one's watching. They're out there and they're awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Problem is, most white folks don't like black folks. Most black folks hate white folks.
    And most of the time's when black folks kill white folks, the media does not make a big deal out of us and the whites don't act like animals.

http://americanthinker.com/2014/08/b...mcdonalds.html

Vigils will be taking place within the next few days across the country, including one at the McNamara Federal Building at 6:30 PM Monday.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...=2014308220075

Quote Originally Posted by guito13 View Post
    And most of the time's when black folks kill white folks, the media does not make a big deal out of us and the whites don't act like animals.

http://americanthinker.com/2014/08/b...mcdonalds.html
    Most of the time black cops don't shoot and kill unarmed white people.

Anyway, you seem to have missed a significant portion of your country's history:

Lynching in the United States

Tulsa race riot

And, of course, right here in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Most of the time black cops don't shoot and kill unarmed white people.

Anyway, you seem to have missed a significant portion of your country's history:

Lynching in the United States

Tulsa race riot

And, of course, right here in Detroit.
    Unarmed does not mean that a person is not immune to being shot by a police officer. People are beat to death all the time with nothing but fists and feet.

As far as all of your other post... I did not do any of that. I don't live my like like that. I cannot and refuse to be made to feel guilty for something that I had no part of. I am aware of the past, learn from it, but refuse to dwell in it.

That would be called "Reverse Racism", Charlie Brown.
    Though these days it's mainstream to be anti - white.

Another thing:
    Irish and Italians were hung, lynched, beaten and discriminated against. Pictures of hanging Italians and Irish can be found that resemble your photos above. Yet no special rights for them. No special category on the job application. Just lumped in as "white". Fair? I think not.

As far as all of your other post... I did not do any of that. I don't live my like like that. I cannot and refuse to be made to feel guilty for something that I had no part of. I am aware of the past, learn from it, but refuse to dwell in it.
    The past is the past. Get over it!!

Unarmed does not mean that a person is not immune to being shot by a police officer. People are beat to death all the time with nothing but fists and feet.

I'm sure you didn't do any of it. Neither did most African-Americans "act like animals" in reaction to the Michael Brown killing in Ferguson, or any number of other similar incidents in recent years. Even those who actively protested didn't "act like animals," unless you think exercising a right guaranteed by our Constitution is somehow animalistic. But you were more than willing to collectively label them so.

My point was that you can point to literally thousands of incidents in our past when significant numbers of white people "acted like animals" in reaction to crime by blacks, or even the perception of possible crime or just "getting out of their place." And those incidents were far deadlier and more destructive than anything that has gone on in recent years in reaction to the shootings of African-American youths by white authorities [[or wannabe authorities, like George Zimmerman). Yet almost no one would think of accusing all whites of "acting like animals" because of these incidents, or blame all white people for them.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; August-25-14 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    The past is the past. Get over it!!

Really? That is flawed logic. Keep thinking that you need/deserve/are entitled someone else to help to get anywhere in life, no matter who you are, and you will always fall flat.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    I'm sure you didn't do any of it. Neither did most African-Americans "act like animals" in reaction to the Michael Brown killing in Ferguson, or any number of other similar incidents in recent years. Even those who actively protested didn't "act like animals," unless you think exercising a right guaranteed by our Constitution is somehow animalistic. But you were more than willing to collectively label them so.

My point was that you can point to literally thousands of incidents in our past when significant numbers of white people "acted like animals" in reaction to crime by blacks, or even the perception of possible crime or just "getting out of their place." And those incidents were far deadlier and more destructive than anything that has gone on in recent years in reaction to the shootings of African-American youths by white authorities [[or wannabe authorities, like George Zimmerman). Yet almost no one would think of accusing all whites of "acting like animals" because of these incidents, or blame all white people for them.
    I did not know it was in the constitution that looting and un-provoked violence against others was allowed.

My comments are simply about THIS issue where people are rioting and calling for justice before all the sides of the stories were put out there AND the case had had a chance to make it through the justice system.

I did not know it was in the constitution that looting and un-provoked violence against others was allowed.
    It's not, of course, but protest is, which is what the overwhelming majority of those concerned have been doing

My comments are simply about THIS issue where people are rioting and calling for justice before all the sides of the stories were put out there AND the case had had a chance to make it through the justice system.
    People were calling for justice in part because the local police were refusing to put any story out there at all, and instead at first just met protest with stony silence and an extreme show of force. In large measure the main call of the protestors was to try to make certain that the case got to the justice system in the first place. So many times cases like these never make it to any courtroom, and it takes an outcry to make sure that any trial happens at all [[as in the Martin - Zimmerman case), let alone a fair one.

What is it about black people being the victims of excessive violence that makes some want to "hear all sides of the story"?
    The cop had the opportunity to tell his side of the story first. It's called a police report. He chose not to submit one. [[why wouldn't this be manditory, especially in the case of a homicide?) Then the homicide department of the police force submitted their investigation report, 10 days later. All it contained was the date and name of the deceased. Absolutely NO details about the event. And you try to feign a lack of understanding as to why people are out protesting?

Ohhh, we can protest this too...

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2014/0...en-hate-crime/

Here's something more local that we can protest by destroying all these bars:

http://www.thenewsherald.com/article...1344923873.txt

Ohhh another...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-coverage-of-/

They should publish the police report of the incident, but I think it might not be that easy because of the legality of things. Sometime you cant release specifics about a case to the public because it destroys any related evidence or testimony that may be presented in the courtroom.

Nancy Pelosi calls them "arsonists" while Harry Reid compares them to "anarchists":

Why St. Louis Tea Party Went to Ferguson To Shop

In the last [[approx) 2 months:
    1) Lawrence Campbell [[Black) shot and killed Detective Melvin Santiago [[White) in Jersey City.
    2) Carl LeEllis Blount [[Black) shot and killed Officer Jeffrey Westerfield [[White) in Gary indiana.
    3) Major Davis [[Black) shot and killed Officer Perry Ryan [[White) in Indianaplolis.
    4) Quinton Richard/Baylon Taylor [[black) shot and killed Deputy Allen Bares [[White) in Louisiana.
    5) Marvin Lewis Guy [[Black) shot and killed Officer Dinwiddie [[White) in Killeen.
    Where was Outrage/Obama/Holder/Sharpton/Jackson/Riots/CNN/MEDIA et al?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3