Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

So what is Ficano going to do after December 31? Is he going to form a non-profit and be a, well, "consultant"?

So what is Ficano going to do after December 31?

Devote more time to raising money for his legal defense fund?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    So what is Ficano going to do after December 31? Is he going to form a non-profit and be a, well, "consultant"?
    He'll sit back and collect his multiple pensions from the county and likely another one from a different pd. my guess he is over six figures for life in pensions.

Hopefully, the pensions will get garnished after he is convicted by the feds.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Not all scandals are created equal. Voters can often tell the difference between trumped-up scandals for political gain and real scandals of the 'put money in your pocket' kind.

Ficano's scandals are more corruption scandals than political fight scandals.
    Does it really make a difference what type of scandal it is? Like one is worse than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
    "Chris Christie won in Jersey after there was scandal there."

While there were surely numerous scandals and outrages committed by Christie before last November, all were latent or speculative...all of the revelations and the true 'scandal' have come after his reelection.

Applause for removing Ficano and passing SMART funding!
    I think you missed my point in Jersey and Milwaukee:

Scott Walker and Chris Christie won positions that they would not have otherwise won because Dems had problems with their incumbents [[e.g., McGreevy in Jersey; I know there were problems in Milwaukee which led to Walker being elected the exec in Milwaukee County).

Democrats should not lose in Jersey [[statewide), Milwaukee County or Wayne County.

On the flip side, Gov. Brownback is in potential trouble in Kansas. That is a Republican state that the GOP almost has to 'give' to the Dems for them to win.

I'm borrowing an expression from basketball: "Unforced turnover".

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Does it really make a difference what type of scandal it is? Like one is worse than the other.
    Matters a lot. Voters know that watergate was real and big. Bridgegate big but political. Monicagate nothing but political.

Is Obamas IRS scandal a big deal to you? I think it's huge. Most Dems see it as nothing. Some even excused KK as 'the way politics works' and nothing but an attack on a black man.

Yes. Matters.

Partisan orthodoxy blurs vision and seemingly soothes many wounds. At least for the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
    County government is in many ways an extra layer.
    In Virginia, when you become a "first class city" you cease to be a part of the county and report directly to the state just as if you were a county. The city of Richmond was carved out of parts of Henrico County and Chesterfield County, but is now an independent city and not a part of the rump portions of those counties.

Can anyone tell us how much money was spent by each candidate?

I'd like to know if campaign money spent = getting elected, or is this a myth.

not my county not my biz but those of you who live in Wayne deserve better than this clown.

What the "ficano" is going on?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2