Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Davewindsor, that's an awful lot of stuff required to have a few beers aboard.
    A lot of very smalll boats with cuddy cabins come equipped with portapotty, reefer, and stove which are often never used. The reason? It qualifies as a "second home" and you can deduct the interest on the boat loan from your federal income taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    A lot of very smalll boats with cuddy cabins come equipped with portapotty, reefer, and stove which are often never used. The reason? It qualifies as a "second home" and you can deduct the interest on the boat loan from your federal income taxes.
    Thanx, I didn't know that. I come from the crew side of boating. I was thinking more about open bow, or runabout boats, and not larger boats with all the amenities. For the smaller guys, no beer. I don't know how strictly the Canadian CG enforces the rule. It might matter on whether or not you're acting like a fool, and whether or not they're having a bad day, eh?

Thanx, I didn't know that. I come from the crew side of boating. I was thinking more about open bow, or runabout boats, and not larger boats with all the amenities. For the smaller guys, no beer. I don't know how strictly the Canadian CG enforces the rule. It might matter on whether or not you're acting like a fool, and whether or not they're having a bad day, eh?
    You can get a 21 ft cuddy cabin boat with a V-berth and the portapotty under the front of the V-berth. Put a reefer under the passenger seat in the cockpit and a one burner alcohol stove on a shelf in the cabin and, voila, you have a second home and the interest on your boat loan is fully tax deductible. Most boat manufacturers make a boat with a cuddy like that strictly as a sales technique and the boat loan is treated as a home mortgage,

You can get a 21 ft cuddy cabin boat with a V-berth and the portapotty under the front of the V-berth. Put a reefer under the passenger seat in the cockpit and a one burner alcohol stove on a shelf in the cabin and, voila, you have a second home and the interest on your boat loan is fully tax deductible. Most boat manufacturers make a boat with a cuddy like that strictly as a sales technique and the boat loan is treated as a home mortgage,
    I don't know... if they're that uptight about beer, I can only imagine how they'd feel about pot.

Just as an fyi...

http://www.lakestclair.net/index.php?app=forums

http://www.lakestclair.net/index.php...ion=pages&id=5

is a pretty informative LSC boater's forum. The map has links to restaurants, gas docks, and transient moorings... they aren't always the most current as they are user updated, but you get good scoop on them.
    Last edited by bailey; August-04-14 at 10:33 AM.

I don't know... if they're that uptight about beer, I can only imagine how they'd feel about pot.
    Old army slang for refrigerator.

Old army slang for refrigerator.

I was trying to liven things up.

My niece just highlighted this on her facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Algon...79368998872639

Ironically, in Canada you can't deduct the interest on a boat loan unless you're in the business of selling boats, shipping cargo for resale or a charter.
    Last edited by davewindsor; August-05-14 at 05:21 PM.

Is Henry's still up there?
    My folks went to both Sids and Henry's a lot when I was a kid.

Henry's is long gone.....it is now a parking lot for the Russell Island residents.

Attachment 24122

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Henry's is long gone.....it is now a parking lot for the Russell Island residents.

Attachment 24122
    The Russell Island Ferry was an African Queen type boat which plied back and forth from
    Algonac to Russell island with passengers and packages. What impressed my brother and I as kids was the exhaust which would produce a ten foot stream of water every 45 seconds or so.

^This photo should bring back some memories.....

Attachment 24123

Do you have any vintage photos of the area you can post?

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post

Attachment 24122
    Oh wow. How long ago was that?

Years ago, I loved The Voyageur, which is apparently still there at 525 South Riverside Ave. in St Clair. Great food and view of the freighters and other boats. Anyone been there recently?

Visited the Voyageur often, years ago, and liked it. Great view. Think we'll go, this weekend. Report to follow. Thanks for the reminder, thomprod!
    I like this forum...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2