Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

We shouldn't be 'GIVING" anyone AID they don't appreciate it or us for doing it! What's bs is claiming helping these ungrateful foreign governments does ay good. Israel is one of only a few true allies we have whether you think so or not! Half the world hates us and the other half uses us. What a comment! Pick vegetables and clean toilets! They aren't "Happy" doing that but they are temporarily grateful. I'm married to a Mexican women who came here legally in 1970 at 5 years old with her parents and they "all" worked in the fields in California and Texas but they didn't get free stuff and they became U.S. citizens a.s.a.p.
    Last edited by MotorCityTrikes; August-02-14 at 10:14 AM.

Israel does nothing for us. Absolutely nothing. Useless. They are a troublemaker but since they have a lot of money and power in the world and especially in the US, we get dragged into that shit and thats why half the world hates us. Africans love us but I don't see the US Senate bending over backwards to send them our money. Unfortunately for them, Africans don't run the financial system.

So what is all this free stuff they are getting

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Israel does nothing for us. Absolutely nothing. Useless.
    Israel provides a stabilizing force in the middle east. Without Israel the Islamists would overrun the entire region as the first step in establishing a global caliphate.

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    Israel provides a stabilizing force in the middle east.
    This is a complete side issue to the real question in this thread, but this may be one of the single silliest things I've ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    This is a complete side issue to the real question in this thread, but this may be one of the single silliest things I've ever read.
    If you did not take what I said out of context and had included the entirety of what I said perhaps it would not be so silly to you. But, nonetheless, I'm happy to have inserted some mirth into your day.
    Last edited by SyGolden48236; August-02-14 at 12:31 PM.

Well back to the original subject ....... this is not their home country they should go back where they came from and the border locked down once and for all. Apply for legal entry or stay away!

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityTrikes View Post
    Well back to the original subject ....... this is not their home country they should go back where they came from and the border locked down once and for all. Apply for legal entry or stay away!
    I couldn't agree more.

Dear Mr. President , U. S. Senate and Congress:

I'm planning to move my family and extended family into Mexico for my husband's health, and I would like to ask you to assist me. We're planning to simply walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico, and we'll need your help to make a few arrangements....

Thank you so much for your kind help.
    Sincerely,
    U.S. Citizen & Taxpayer
    Dear U.S. Citizen & Taxpayer,

Nevermind them. I will be more than them happy to help. I will drive you to the border for free.
    Let me know when you are ready. I'll even toss in lunch.

U.S. Citizen & Taxpayer Lowell
    -------------------------------------------------------

Seriously though, let's put those beat-up sandals on for a moment. Let's pretend its thousands of American children doing exactly that. Going to the border, wading across the Rio Grande and surrendering themselves to Mexican immigration.

Wouldn't that indicate that things just might have become so unbearable in the US that our children would make a such long and dangerous journey of uncertain consequences? That perhaps drug cartels, kidnappers and street gangs had come rule in American with frequent street warfare, members of our families had died and the were rest being extorted.

Each child and adult deserves a hearing and to be fed and protected until their situation is clarified and stabilized. We are America. That's what we do. We're a country of laws and we protect those fleeing from bona fide terror. Especially children. We did it for our ancestors, although many of us seem to have short term historical memory loss about that, and we bear an obligation to do it for any in need of refuge.

The borders are not of the indigenous people's making or concern. The entirety of this continent was native land not so long ago. So, all you immigrant deniers need to remember this, you are here simply because military might and genocide created these borders for you by force, borders that were never recognized by those native to this continent.

That river out there that looks so final to you is merely a geographic barrier like so many. As we cross the Mississippi at will, so our nations crossed the Rio Grande, the St. Lawrence, the St. Marys and the Detroit Rivers, with family on either side.

Many of these are people claiming refugee status, and deserve to be treated as such until they have their days in court. Just remember, not so long ago, your forbears came here, many without resources of their own. Many hooked up with sponsors to get their start here. Standards of living have changed through time, and now help, especially for suddenly huge numbers, must come from all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    I couldn't agree more.
    Yes, why not. Let's build a wall btwn the colonies and the Palestinian territories. Let's build one between GPP and Detroit, let's curb the boat people arrivals from Viet Nam or better still stop Eastern European jews at the Port of Montreal so that they entertain a slow death at the hands of the Nazis.

How is it we speak of the Berlin Wall as the ultimate postwar shame, and pass on the wall btwn Israel and Palestinian territories? Incidentally, in Montreal, even Orthodox Jews are parading against the latest craziness in Gaza. Folks of all Ilks are pissed off at the media bullshit that surfs over this and yet blow horns over other calamities in the world. Perceived slights maybe?

Why the Children Fleeing Central America Will Not Stop Coming: At the root of the border crisis is a wave of violence that the United States helped to create.
    To avoid becoming the victims of gang violence, tens of thousands of children like David have fled El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras for the United States....

Little consideration has been given to the violence that children from these countries face upon returning home. But those who doubt that their lives are at risk are either deeply misinformed or, more likely, turning a blind eye to the epidemic of violence for the sake of political expedience....

In 2013, the United Nations identified neighboring Honduras, which had ninety murders per 100,000 people in 2012, as the most violent country in the world. El Salvador was the fourth most violent; Guatemala, with forty murders per 100,000 people in 2012, the fifth....

The rate of violence in Honduras is nearly twice that of America’s most violent city, Detroit, which has a homicide rate of fifty-five per 100,000....

... it is important to remember the role the United States has played in creating this mass migration. In the 1970s and ’80s, El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras were in the midst of either bloody civil wars or fierce government repression in which the United States played an iron-fisted role. Fearing the spread of communism in Latin America, the United States supported the autocratic military governments of these three countries, which in turn generated thousands of northbound migrants. Some of these migrants went on to join gangs in California. The 18th Street Gang and the Mara Salvatrucha were not formed in El Salvador, Honduras or Guatemala but in the United States. Some fifty years ago, the 18th Street Gang splintered off from Clanton 14 in Southern California. The Mara Salvatrucha formed in Los Angeles in the late 1970s. At the end of the ’80s and the start of the ’90s, the United States deported close to 4,000 gang members. When they arrived back in Central America, they found fertile conditions in which to increase their numbers: countries devastated by war and poverty, with thousands upon thousands of corruptible and abandoned children....

But it would be an oversimplification to say that the flight of children to the United States is the product of violence alone....

In addition to gang activity, Zamora says that the improving economic conditions experienced by Salvadoran migrants to the United States have acted as a draw. “From sharing a single room with a group of people, now some migrants can pay $1,000 a month and rent a two-bedroom apartment for themselves in the suburbs,” he says. And that means “more people can pay to bring their children to the US.”...

“Parents don’t see any chance of bringing their children legally to the US,” Zamora says, “so what options are left for them?”...

The root of the child migrant crisis is simple: undocumented Central American mothers and fathers want to be reunited with their children....

Cracking down on coyotes will surely slow the flood of children coming to the United States for a time. The Obama administration may also approve quicker methods for deporting children, which will diminish the flow as well. But none of these policies get to the heart of the matter. Central American mothers and fathers will continue to seek ways to be reunited with their children; they will continue to try to get them out of violent places and keep them safe. And if no one offers a better alternative, coyotes will continue to be their only way to do this. The children will not stop coming.

is it good for them? They are apart from their families in a foreign land. Is it good for those of us established here? They come from 3rd world countries with who knows what level of education or skills. May not even speak English. Someone has to support them, not sure if or how it is worked out. Private donations maybe but i suspect tax $ from a similar pool that fixes roads. That and we dont really know much about these kids. I sort of dont care. Zero point being too concerned with things i have no control over. I wish em the best.

There is no easy solution to this, but I see a major difference between people [[especially children) fleeing violence as opposed to "simply" trying to escape poor economic conditions. And in accordance with the law signed by Bush, these kids are entitled to hearings and not just a quick deportation.

What appalls me is the hatred that so many "god-fearing" white conservatives are directing towards these kids. I'm also disgusted by how an 11 year old who leaves Cuba [[no doubt primarily for economic reasons) and manages to reach Florida's shore is not just automatically allowed to stay, but is welcomed with open arms. An 11 year old who flees El Salvador to save his life.....well, send him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Israel does nothing for us. Absolutely nothing. Useless. They are a troublemaker but since they have a lot of money and power in the world and especially in the US, we get dragged into that shit and thats why half the world hates us. Africans love us but I don't see the US Senate bending over backwards to send them our money. Unfortunately for them, Africans don't run the financial system.

So what is all this free stuff they are getting
    1. We are not being dragged into anything because we aren't doing anything thanks to our campaigner in chief.

2. What should Israel do for us?

3. Explain the word "Troublemaker" what are they doing to cause trouble? Oh say in Ukraine or North Korea or Mexico or Iraq or Nigeria?

4. The nations and people of this world foreign and domestic who hate America and us Americans don't hate us because of Israel get real...........they hate us because we're frickin' cool !

5. Free stuff? Hmmmmmm ....... Airfare, bus rides, housing, food, clothes, medical attention, water, cable tv, snacks, beds, pillows, showers..........

I called the Best Western and told them I was going to walk over and spend the weekend on their dime and if I liked it I would stay a few months...maybe a few years. They laughed and sent me home //// GET IT!

"Campaigner in Chief"?

Now why did this suddenly pop into my mind......

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...ent%20Syndrome

DetroiterOnTheWestCoast God Fearing white conservatives don't hate kids .... our own or someone else's but we do believe if you got what it takes to make 'em you should do what it takes to raise 'em. There are millions of kids who need to escape violence right here in America. Are the liberals doing anything to help them?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    "Campaigner in Chief"?

Now why did this suddenly pop into my mind......

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...ent%20Syndrome
    It popped in because that's all he does..........

It popped in because that's all he does..........
    I see. And your source for this statement is......

His daily schedule and the nightly news? If he gave our enemies as much crap as he does Republicans and Conservatives we'd be one badass country again. BTW can I come over and walk in to your house unannounced? Will you feed me and give me a bed to sleep in? And if I get a tummy ache will you go to CVS and buy me some Pepto.........and you'll owe me a job too!

His daily schedule and the nightly news? If he gave our enemies as much crap as he does Republicans and Conservatives we'd be one badass country again. BTW can I come over and walk in to your house unannounced? Will you feed me and give me a bed to sleep in? And if I get a tummy ache will you go to CVS and buy me some Pepto.........and you'll owe me a job too!
    1. I still think the USA is "badass". Why do conservatives always badmouth the USA?
    2. I never said all the immigrants should simply be allowed to stay. I said its a complicated issue if in fact they are fleeing for their lives. But I understand that nuance is not a hallmark of the far right, so I understand I might have confused you a tad. I wonder if you favor a change in our policy to allow all Cubans to stay?
    3. "The nightly news....." Perchance Fox?
    4. If you want to find politicians who seldom work, you might want to check Speaker Boner's House of Representatives, with 113 work days this year [[down from 126 last year) http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/the-side...212306623.html

By any chance, would you value the lives of these kids more if, perhaps, they were fetuses and not yet born?
    Last edited by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast; August-02-14 at 05:19 PM.

Now see how you twist.... Conservatives don't badmouth America but we do know how much respect and clout we've lost the past 10-12 years. Sir 'She' is not what 'She' used to be. Pointing that out is just cold hard facts.......

I don't think 'anyone who is here illegally should remain one more minute. Yeah I know my forefathers sailed over and stole the land but if we hadn't there wouldn't be any Buffalo Wild Wings there'd only be Buffalo.

And yeah I watch Fox ............ but I also watch MSNBC but only after a few beers.

You avoided my question about Cubans. I would love to know if you approve of open policy for any Cuban reaching our shores.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Each child and adult deserves a hearing and to be fed and protected until their situation is clarified and stabilized. We are America. That's what we do. We're a country of laws and we protect those fleeing from bona fide terror. Especially children. We did it for our ancestors, although many of us seem to have short term historical memory loss about that, and we bear an obligation to do it for any in need of refuge.
    Well said.

These aren't crates of bootlegged gucci purses we're talking about. They're human beings.

At a point we will really see that the circular revolutions of the right vs left tick-tock clock is the biggest CON! That clock is not keeping current with the times!

Hah! If any thing I am waving both of my hands in exasperation that we are so politically bound/ blinded/ orthodox to be unable to see that areas of this may have been carefully orchestrated to serve prescribed agendas.

A 'start' gun had to fired to begin this exodus of children, teens and older to the US this fast. Why didn't it happen in February?

Of course the 'cliff notes' appraisal posits: who'd say no to children who have arrived in mass some suffering greatly in their travel? Got that, we straight out cannot. But this is deeper than the 'right hates children vs the left loves them' narrative...

The gov. bureaucracy slow as it is to respond to our EXISTING long term 'systemic' failures in managing and correcting our social, mental and health services etc., now queries assumptive billions to accommodate this?

I'd love to see the RFP's submitted from those on the fast-tracted gov. 'approved' vendor lists who'll be well paid or at least 'promised' in the short run.

That aside, could there be a Trojan Horse factor here beyond politics? Such as those coming in who don't have our best interests at heart: along with the children.

Indeed these days we risk a scenario born of a new narrative beyond 'give us your poor... tired....'

We must unshackle to bondage of being labeled a right-ringed repub to question motive and unforeseen outcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Kinda difficult balancing on a tight wire by waving only your right hand, eh?
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-03-14 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Why the Children Fleeing Central America Will Not Stop Coming: At the root of the border crisis is a wave of violence that the United States helped to create.
    The rate of violence in Honduras is nearly twice that of America’s most violent city, Detroit, which has a homicide rate of fifty-five per 100,000....
    Woah. [[Picture a lightbulb above my head.)

Is this recently accelerated immigration an international analog of our own local Metro Detroit sprawl dynamic [[people fleeing inner-city violence, manifesting as domestic sprawl)?

International sprawl atcha! Heh!
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-02-14 at 10:57 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast