Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default John Kelly & Marilyn Turner

Met them at the Historical Museum about 10 days ago. Very personable people. John looks great for 80 and so does Marilyn for being in her mid 70's or so. John was great with the people. Old school...they came dressed. John in a suit and Marilyn in a dress. Not like the current crop of celebrities and athletes who dress like street thugs. Nice...all be it...small exhibit of Detroit television. Free admission through the end of the month to the museum also. Bill Bonds was there early in the morning, but I missed him.

Nice...all be it...small exhibit of Detroit television.
    I saw that exhibit a few weeks ago. Lots of items on loan from DY poster Ed Golick.

Wow! What a blast from the past! And boy has John changed [[Marilyn, not so much, I see!)

Wonder how Jack LeGoff's doing these days??

Nice to see their still alive and well!

Quote Originally Posted by exdetroiter View Post
    Nice to see their still alive and well!
    Yes, indeed! And quite a quick nostalgia trip, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by EMG View Post
    Wow! What a blast from the past! And boy has John changed [[Marilyn, not so much, I see!)

Wonder how Jack LeGoff's doing these days??

http://www.examiner.com/article/form...off-dies-at-87

I'm only in my early 30's but I remember going to Kelly and Company show taping in the 7th grade. They must have went off the air sometime in the early 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    I'm only in my early 30's but I remember going to Kelly and Company show taping in the 7th grade. They must have went off the air sometime in the early 90's.
    Sigh... I go even farther back.... "At the Zoo" with Sonny Eliott.... can't remember too much cuz I was just a youngster... but I do remember the Chimp Amphitheatre entertainment... that was discontinued in 1982.... Sonny RIP...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Sigh... I go even farther back.... "At the Zoo" with Sonny Eliott.... can't remember too much cuz I was just a youngster... but I do remember the Chimp Amphitheatre entertainment... that was discontinued in 1982.... Sonny RIP...
    Imagine getting rid of the Holden Amphitheater simply because having Chimps ride motorcycles and go carts was considered in-humane! Not to mention that swell gorilla enclosure. No wonder they threw poop!