Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Was it All-Star Lanes?
    That doesn't ring a bell either. Maybe I'll just Google the addresses around there. Thanks for the response.

<P>
    I believe that was Nottingham Bar Tsom
    </P>
    <P>&nbsp;</P>
    <P>and the old gentleman was probably Paul Cito.</P>
    <P>Great teacher, never had a lesson from him, but knew a lot of folks that did. </P>

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    <P></P>
    <P>&nbsp;</P>
    <P>and the old gentleman was probably Paul Cito.</P>
    <P>Great teacher, never had a lesson from him, but knew a lot of folks that did. </P>
    I know Mr. Cito moved around, I think he gave lessons at East Warren and possibly Ritters too.

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    I know Mr. Cito moved around, I think he gave lessons at East Warren and possibly Ritters too.
    That name sure rings a bell, I'd bet that was him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsomyak View Post
    That name sure rings a bell, I'd bet that was him.
    I can still remember some of his teaching techniques. He would walk down the lane a bit and straddle it and have you bowl between his legs. I remember being nervous as all hell, thinking I was going to nail him with the ball. I never did, but I bet he either had great reflexes or some serious bruises.

I also remember him teaching me how to release the ball. "The thumb is the brakes and the fingers are the gas!"

Great memories, thanks all!

Default Doug Bradford Passes

Before the advent of the internet, Doug Bradford [[News) and Matt Fiorito [[Freep) were one of the few resources for local bowling news in the Detroit area.

http://detnews.com/article/20090829/...e-beat-at-News