Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    I see.....
    That fits so well into 11:17 at Using NLP to Deal With PTSD, Anxiety & Depression. It's almost spooky.
    Last edited by Jimaz; July-23-14 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Thank you for your psychological assessment, I assume you have credentials to make such broad sweeping statements.You sir are pompous, ill informed and quick to judge and orate on things of which you know nothing. The fact that my husband of 39 yrs almost died rolled right off your back so you are uncaring and callus to boot.

You are absolutely right, I grow weary of the negativity embraced over and over by way too many on this forum. Just one chant wonders. Hate Detroit is the mantra. You couldn't see your way to see so much that is positive that is happening. So wallow in your hate I don't need to read it. Bye!
    Pot and the kettle???

Well if anyone thinks things are difficult and unpleasant, try managing a forum and try keeping the discourse focused, civil and informative. I have been called every name in the book, sent countless insulting messages, threaten physically and with law suits and more. My skin is thick and I accept that it is what it is. It's what happens when you run the trolls off and clean up after the food fights. But it's worth it. A great body of discussion and information about Detroit has been the profit.

And you know what? It's really not that bad. The amount of uncivil and mean-spirited posts are the vast minority, less than one percent. Yet somehow they often become the focus. It's like the 100,000 airplanes that land safely are not news. It's the wrecks that get the attention and some people extrapolate those to complain that all the forum has become all like that all the time. Well it isn't. Go and take a poll of 100 threads and you will see what I mean. You will find good-spirited and informative discussion about all things Detroit and very little wreckage.

We have rules, we will continue to enforce them but we cannot watch everything, all the time. We rely on you to use the 'report post' icon that is below every post to let us know when they are overstepped and are thankful for those who report them so we can abort them before they spread into senseless rounds of hit-backs.

And grow some thick skin, learn how to shrug off the trolls and retain a sense of humor. Don't respond, it only encourages them, just move on. This is the internet and it's not a place for cupcakes.

Default lowell

Lowell, haven't read or been on the board since I said Bye to Nick something. I thought I should at least explain my mind set.

I want to say just good things about this board, you have done a fantastic job and most folks on the board are amazing and talented.

My Mom always said I was hyper sensitive which is true. Lately personal attacks have bothered me and like a cornered cat, I respond with claws out. If I think I am out of line, I have always apologized.

I respect your ability to accept free speech but lately comments have been personal and quite hurtful. If I defend myself with achievement for Detroit advancement I am a braggart apparently, Share personal issues with virtual friends I am self pitying forget the last comment, or yes a whiner???

I am simply taking a hiatus and that is no reflection on this forum at large, with is mostly composed of enlightened people with manners, that can agree to disagree politely or with amazing wit. Sumas

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Lowell, haven't read or been on the board since I said Bye to Nick something. I thought I should at least explain my mind set.

I want to say just good things about this board, you have done a fantastic job and most folks on the board are amazing and talented.

My Mom always said I was hyper sensitive which is true. Lately personal attacks have bothered me and like a cornered cat, I respond with claws out. If I think I am out of line, I have always apologized.

I respect your ability to accept free speech but lately comments have been personal and quite hurtful. If I defend myself with achievement for Detroit advancement I am a braggart apparently, Share personal issues with virtual friends I am self pitying forget the last comment, or yes a whiner???

I am simply taking a hiatus and that is no reflection on this forum at large, with is mostly composed of enlightened people with manners, that can agree to disagree politely or with amazing wit. Sumas
    And yet, if I-- responding to your initial post-- dare to bluntly state my honest opinion of your over-all affect, and how it may feed into the very lament that you expressed, then I am the jackass, and everyone should accept the plethora of insults which you fired at me, because I'm just some new guy who doesn't know shit, while you are Sumas, long-standing & eternally-suffering pillar of both DetroitYes! and the Detroit community in general.
    I applaud you for driving home my point with a more forceful hammer than I had at my disposal.
    But then, the entire process must be easier when one feels as though they possess some manner of entitlement which permits them to demonstrate the very traits for which they condemn others. How very Detroit of you.
    Enjoy your "hiatus," but don't even try to blame me for your choices.
    Last edited by NickCharles; July-24-14 at 10:33 PM.

I've always imagined Lowell playing the role of the undertaker in that film, especially toward the end. It just seems appropriate. Although Mayor Fouts seems more photogenically appropriate for the image of an undertaker.

Maybe rb336 could play the one-legged troubadour.

Sincerest respect to all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I've always imagined Lowell playing the role of the undertaker in that film, especially toward the end. It just seems appropriate. Although Mayor Fouts seems more photogenically appropriate for the image of an undertaker.

Maybe rb336 could play the one-legged troubadour.

Sincerest respect to all of the above.
    Nah, Fouts could easily assume the role of the Cryptkeeper once his role in politics is over.

Poor Sumas she brings most of it on herself. She baits the hook and bullheads take the bait and it becomes repulsive to remove them from the hook.

She either knows it and it's part of the shtick or, like I think, she doesn't see it that way.

Then it's not fun anymore when the Bullheads won't change their character and conform to her expectations. If your gonna keep doing what your doing don't expect it to change just ignore it and have fun with the trolling. Use scissors and cut the line.

Some people just need to be the "victim". It must give their life the drama they otherwise lack. Also, it's very convenient to play the victim because then, nothing is ever your fault.
    Last edited by Jerry Van; July-30-14 at 02:47 PM.

Sometimes it's good to just pull back a bit to regain perspective. As it turned out my internet was down unexpectedly for an extended amount of time, and I went on vacation - and went awol deliberately from as much online communication as possible. It was interesting - one door closed; another door opened.

Indeed these are VERY trying times, personally, politically: local and global. Sometimes you have to just shut it all off for a while. For the sake of personal renewal otherwise.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-30-14 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Sometimes it's good to just pull back a bit to regain perspective. As it turned out my internet was down unexpectedly for an extended amount of time, and I went on vacation - and went awol deliberately from as much online communication as possible. It was interesting - one door closed; another door opened.

Indeed these are VERY trying times, personally, politically: local and global. Sometimes you have to just shut it all off for a while. For the sake of personal renewal otherwise.

I can relate to that. Technology and interaction is great, but on occasion you just have to step back a bit. Take a little vacation and deal with what's happening next door or down the street. Sorry, I am kind of an old school, old guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Van View Post
    Some people just need to be the "victim". It must give their life the drama they otherwise lack. Also, it's very convenient to play the victim because then, nothing is ever your fault.
    It may also be a cry for attention or for help. When one uses "I" to excess in writing it usually indicates a yearning for attention.

The same applies when one purposely omits "I" to make it looks if gaining attention or attempting to turn the focus of a thread to one's self is not the goal. In this case all you end up with is clunky sentences.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2