Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

WM with due respect I believe my post was rather clear. I don't believe it requires me to explain what I find "laudable" about the effort.
    P.S. There's no need for you to give accolades to this or any other gesture you don't agree with. I wasn't speaking for you nor attempting to change your view. This is my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    TW, what about this effort is laudable? They've done nothing. Bringing water jugs is nothing but symbolism. The same water is available at their local church.

I see this issue as a non-issue. It is simply a talking point -- and I don't agree with applauding talking points.

If you believe water should be free to everyone, that's a reasonable opinion. I don't agree. But in Detroit, we are indeed awash in good, cheap water. It would be a more difficult argument in, say, LA, Sacremento, or Phoenix. Giving away water there would be an environmental resource waste.
    Last edited by trotwood; July-07-14 at 12:08 PM.