Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

If Michael Moodenbaugh, one of the investors in 1993, wasn't critically injured in a car accident there would still be a Boblo Island Amusement Park. He had big plans to make the park better and everyone would have been able to enjoy it.

Before taking the boat from the foot of Woodward to Boblo, we would stop off at Vernor's for a chocolate ginger ale drink.
    www.efn.org/~hkrieger/vernors.jpg

Last week, took a ride on the Boblo Boat, this was the boat that took passengers from Amherstburg to Boblo:

The background looks like it might be over by Barview?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    The background looks like it might be over by Barview?
    Clinton River.....

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Krieger View Post
    Before taking the boat from the foot of Woodward to Boblo, we would stop off at Vernor's for a chocolate ginger ale drink.
    www.efn.org/~hkrieger/vernors.jpg
    Been trying to find this recipe. Did they make it with just chocolate or did they mix it with cream as well? One of my earliest childhood memories is my parents taking me to the factory for the chocolate Vernor's. I was 4 years old.

I still have a soft spot in my heart for Boblo. I wanted to go explore the ruins when I vistited last summer but there were signs all over saying "no trespassing." Does anyone know if the policy has changed? Can you actually walk about the entire island without getting yelled at by rent-a-cops on golf carts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2