Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    If you think they bleachers at Tiger Stadium were a great place to watch the game then you're clearly not a baseball fan. Talk about far from the action. And then you complain about all the seats at Comerica Park being far from the action. Which is not even close to the truth.

The upper deck on the infield in Tiger Stadium was the best place to watch a game anywhere. The bleachers, quite frankly, sucked, other than being really cheap.
    You didn't buy a bleacher seat ticket at Tiger Stadium to get a great seat. You bought that ticket so you attend the game affordably. Also, the upper deck at Comerica Park is way further from the field then the upper deck at Tiger Stadium was - the last row of the upper deck at Tiger Stadium was closer to the field then the first row of the upper deck at Comerica Park is.

I don't know the exact figures [[just spitballing here), but it seems thattickets have gone up by at least 40% over the last 10 years, which is insane to me. I use stubhub almost exclusively for games that are below face value. The team is good and I love baseball, but it's too expensive.

"You didn't buy a bleacher seat ticket at Tiger Stadium to get a great seat. You bought that ticket so you attend the game affordably. Also, the upper deck at Comerica Park is way further from the field then the upper deck at Tiger Stadium was - the last row of the upper deck at Tiger Stadium was closer to the field then the first row of the upper deck at Comerica Park is."

This. I feel like I need climbing gear in many sections of the upper deck at Comerica.

Wake me up when the WS begins. The novelty of just being good has worn off and there's no thrill to a Central Division race that is a walk. The thrill of potentially getting a ring will bring back the same viewership and attendance.

That Great Guy Guest

Could it be the lack public bus service?

Quote Originally Posted by That Great Guy View Post
    Could it be the lack public bus service?
    I've learned to ignore your posts, but this one actually made me laugh. +3

Tigers being pounded by the Indians at home & watching Al Alba-Turkey is just quite enough & extremely overwhelming for anyone, did I mention anyone.....

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Tigers being pounded by the Indians at home & watching Al Alba-Turkey is just quite enough & extremely overwhelming for anyone, did I mention anyone.....
    Actually I think it is the schedule.

In the Central we have too much Indians, White Sox, Twins and Royals.

The East has Yankees, Red Sox, Blue Jays, etc.

The West has Angels, A's and Rangers.

And we have no natural rival in the other league [[as do the Chicago teams, New York teams, LA teams, Balto-Washington, etc.).

The good thing is that we can fatten up on our divisional opponents and that gets us to October where the temps can be chilly at Comerica Park. Lol. We always complain... October temps in Houston can be nice but baseball season has been over for MONTHS.

Rumor is after Nathan's recent pitching stunt - tossing hotdogs at his relatives' stand in NY is in the near future.....pathetic.

My dad and I went to the game last night. Nathan was booed and heckled, heavily.

That Great Guy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I've learned to ignore your posts, but this one actually made me laugh. +3
    I happy you LOL That was what I wanted. Transit Windsor buses were full of Tiger fans. If Mr. John Hertel could also fill his buses with Tiger fans, he would not have to ask for a 0.41 mil or a $28 Million dollar per year every year tax increase this August 5, 2014

Imagine some computer whiz kid filling up the SMART and DDOT buses?

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    My dad and I went to the game last night. Nathan was booed and heckled, heavily.
    Nathan has a 6.23 ERA and a 1.59 WHIP in 37 appearances this season.....yet, the Tigers still position him as the closer [[insane)? I'll take 2 dogs w/mustard only.....

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4