Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    All cities have suburbs. If you can ride your bike to city limits in less that 15 minutes you arent living in suburban sprawl.
    This is true. Urban sprawl is an American problem. But I think Detroit's sprawl is being criticized because it's unwarranted. We have been stagnant for 40 years and yet we continue to build. But God forbid we put in place zoning limits cause that's "big government" or "anti-freedom". No, it's common sense rezoning in order not to spread resources too far, too inefficiently, and too much. You pull a rubber band hard enough, you'll brake it in two.

It's not crime or fleeing anything. Rural property on OR beyond the "edge" of already developed locations offer more home for less. Period. When I found my last house in Oxford it was all about the Benjamins and how far they would go. We could have got a 3 bedroom bungalow from the 50's in Royal Oak, a 20 year colonial needing renovations in Rochester or a new home on a large lot in Oxford. The extra 15-20 minutes it took to get places was worth it to us. Now, even Oxford is built up and people are looking at Lapeer.