Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Where is the Southgate terminus on the C train located? It would make a bit more sense if it was at Eureka Road-Eureka is a bit more busier and important than Northline Road, however, whether it's at Northline or Eureka, it'll still provide a connection with SMART #160.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    Hi, I am in partial agreement with Hermod. Your plan totally excludes GRAND RIVER AVENUE, which is a major arterial road that radiates from Downtown to the extreme northwest corner of Detroit. The DDOT bus route that serves Grand River avenue has probably the 2nd or 3rd highest ridership of any transit route in the entire metro area. It should have its own rapid line.
    Yes, I'm aware of this. Admittedly there are a couple stations located on Grand River in my map but you're right that it's the obvious gap. Maybe for version 2 someday.

This is where arbitrary "realism" considerations come into play despite the whole thing being fiction - I thought it would be more effective to keep the network around the size of existing transit systems in other comparable cities rather than try to add every potential route, and Grand River was the last "cut".

Quote Originally Posted by renf View Post
    Thank you very much, Junjie, for your work on this interesting project. There may be some very modest state funding to look at the possibility of the cross state rail line that appears on your Freshwater map. Maybe we will live to see some of your ideas develop
    into real transportation.
    Thanks. I just want to be clear that I didn't make the Freshwater Rail map/system/website or contribute in any way to it. That's a much larger effort than my metro map.

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    Where is the Southgate terminus on the C train located? It would make a bit more sense if it was at Eureka Road-Eureka is a bit more busier and important than Northline Road, however, whether it's at Northline or Eureka, it'll still provide a connection with SMART #160.
    I had it at Northline but either would work.
    Last edited by Junjie; June-09-14 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Junjie View Post
    I had it at Northline but either would work.
    Well, if you moved it to Eureka, you could compensate by adding a new through station at Northline. Plus, since the C train runs along Fort Street here [[and thus along the Southgate/Wyandotte limits), you could add "Wyandotte" to the name of the Southgate station, plus, the New York Avenue station would make a bit more sense if it was at Emmons Boulevard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2