Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The emergency manager’s team has found one unexplained instance in which a retiree contributed $55,000 toward an annuity fund worth $1.8 million, Nowling said.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz33yOEAKZI

Like Nowling, I was wondering myself how that was possible and have been awaiting the followup story. My pension mileage [[which I thank all of you metro Detroiters for) varies
    greatly from this. Just roughly, making the assumption that I stay with the city until
    retirement age, there should be about $12,000 pension and $12,000 social security per
    year. I think in the above instance there may have been chicanery. The maximum
    percent withheld from anyone's check for the annuity was seven percent.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Following rules does not make one moral, only law-abiding.

The rules were put into place to achieve fair and reasonable compensation in retirement, but are used to compensate retirees beyond equality. When workers and management conspire to game the system by payroll tricks, its not much different in my book than Wall Street games.
    Again, who are you to decide what is "fair and reasonable". If I work for the city of Detroit and I had to work 6 days a week, that is time I lost from my life and my family to do my job. Then you come along and say I can only get 24k. That is just total bullshit. Wesley, when are you going to realize you are a puppet of the elite. You're going after the guy who got overtime collecting garbage but you aren't going against those scum Republicans who expect people to survive on 9.25 an hour in 2018. You got your priorities all messed up. Look in the mirror and realize you're a peasant. You got nothing in common with the people you defend. They look down at you as a piece of shit. You have not realized that yet.

Most of city employees are salaried and do not have the ability to get overtime. Most hourly employees do not have access to all of the unlimited overtime for which is being discussed.

Yes some folks game the system. It is very few and far between that can pony up the money to 'buy' extra years of service. My gut feeling is that should be changed, but I am not an actuary.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Look in the mirror and realize you're a peasant. You got nothing in common with the people you defend. They look down at you as a piece of shit. You have not realized that yet.
    Do we know for a fact that Wesley is a peasant? I always assumed he was one of the Koch brothers, or maybe a DeVos.

Quote Originally Posted by antongast View Post
    Do we know for a fact that Wesley is a peasant? I always assumed he was one of the Koch brothers, or maybe a DeVos.
    I trust he meant 'pissant'.
    Last edited by Wesley Mouch; June-07-14 at 05:50 PM. Reason: typo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2