Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    And I told you already. It's 160k or thereabouts.
    Oh I forgot from the previous threads, you never went to school and never learned essay writing 101 where you're told it's proper academic form to cite your facts when arguing a point. Do you just stand next to a barber chair all day collecting snippets of information to use on the forums, not knowing if they are true or not?

...so how much in tax revenue [[average) does the Palace pull in every year for Auburn Hills and Oakland County?

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    Not exactly. Your itemized deductions, including mortgage interest, can be reduced by up to 80% [[reduction starts at adjusted gross income of $250K single, $300K for married filers). So if the 20% remaining is greater than the standard deduction, you can deduct the 20%.

As a result, mortgage interest is limited twice, first by the size of the mortgage [[only interest on the first $1 million of the mortgage), and then the potentially allowable deduction can be reduced by up to 80% depending on one's income.

Also, the personal exemption [[$3900 per head) begins phasing at the same income levels as above and goes to zero for incomes 25-30% above those levels.
    Yes, but if 20% of your deductions is less than the standard deduction, you take the standard deduction.

this 'believe' guy is the same guy that makes a new Curbed account everyday and trolls those comments too... Only a real loser would take the time everyday to make a new account [[because they keep banning his old ones) just to talk shit about a city to strangers on the internet.. must be some weird fetish

Quote Originally Posted by believe14 View Post
    I really want to give some of the people in this thread the benefit of the doubt, so I'm going to assume it's homerism... and not you know, a reflection of the region's public school crisis. Wow.
    There's no need to assume anything. Many on this thread are giving you facts and sources to support their thoughts, but you and Bham continue to throw out "feelings" without anything to back them up. In public school, I learned to back-up my opinions with something real to give them teeth. If anyone's displaying homerism it's you, for anything non-Detroit.

believe14 Guest

Pistons move to Detroit means you can cut season tickets in half. The drive to Auburn Hills is barely worth it, the drive to Detroit is definitely not worth it. All of you are very self serving. Same types that see no problem with extorting Oakland County with the water rates. I don't know how it benefits your life is this scumbag mortgage guy's real estate is worth more. But it doesn't stop you from acting like unpaid shills.
    Last edited by believe14; May-26-14 at 11:40 AM.

All I can say is you all have tremendous patience and very shallow expectations if you're impressed with the "progress" in Detroit over the last five years.

I am going to ask you politely to please get out of the pool.

All I can say is this:

Went to a Cavaliers' game post Lebron, on a Thursday night in the dead of winter [[2013) to watch them play the Utah Jazz, at the time they were decent, playoff bound and had Al Jefferson at the time [[Not someone you would advertise seeing like a Lebron, Kobe, or Kevin Durant). Quicken Loans Arena was packed with families, young professionals and retirees.

My point? Centralized location smack dab in the middle of downtown Cleveland. There are bars, restaurants, shops all located around Quicken Loans Arena, as opposed to the Palace which has what one bar in the general vicinity?!

Not the biggest fan of DG, but he has a point.

Also pictures of lunchtime in downtown Detroit coming soon.
    Last edited by warsaw7; May-26-14 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw7 View Post
    I am going to ask you politely to please get out of the pool.

All I can say is this:

Went to a Cavaliers' game post Lebron on a Thursday night in the dead of winter [[2013) to watch them play the Utah Jazz, at the time they were decent, playoff bound, Al Jefferson at the time. Quicken Loans Arena was packed with families, young professionals and retirees.

My point? Centralized location smack dab in the middle of downtown Cleveland. There are bars, restaurants, shops all located around Quicken Loans Arena, has opposed to the Palace which has what one bar in the general vicinity.

Not the biggest fan of DG, but he has a point.

Also pictures of lunchtime in downtown Detroit coming soon.
    Lets get to reality.

The Pistons have been in limbo for the last 5-6 years since Bill Davidson died and the team has had one of the worst stretches of incompetence with Joe Dumars at the helm. The team is beyond bad. You really think if it was in Detroit that they would all of a sudden fill the Palace up for junk. Look at the 76ers attendance. Look at the Bucks attendance. The NBA has some serious attendance issues because there are only a handful of good teams out there.

Cleveland has no NHL team so that is the only thing going. If what you're saying is true, then why do the Cleveland Indians have the WORST attendance in the MLB by far. I mean where are all those young professionals and retirees right now.

The last point is that Bill Davidson built the palace by himself. He bought the land and paid for everything without asking the tax payers for a subsidized stadium like the King of welfare, Mike Illitch. You guys should be proud that the Pistons organization runs and maintains and does work on their own arena without heading to the state for handouts. We should all praise the Detroit Pistons for doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Lets get to reality.

You really think if it was in Detroit that they would all of a sudden fill the Palace up for junk. Pistons

No I don't because it would not be called the Palace. Just saying.

Lets get to reality.

The Pistons have been in limbo for the last 5-6 years since Bill Davidson died and the team has had one of the worst stretches of incompetence with Joe Dumars at the helm. The team is beyond bad. You really think if it was in Detroit that they would all of a sudden fill the Palace up for junk. Look at the 76ers attendance. Look at the Bucks attendance. The NBA has some serious attendance issues because there are only a handful of good teams out there.

Cleveland has no NHL team so that is the only thing going. If what you're saying is true, then why do the Cleveland Indians have the WORST attendance in the MLB by far. I mean where are all those young professionals and retirees right now.

The last point is that Bill Davidson built the palace by himself. He bought the land and paid for everything without asking the tax payers for a subsidized stadium like the King of welfare, Mike Illitch. You guys should be proud that the Pistons organization runs and maintains and does work on their own arena without heading to the state for handouts. We should all praise the Detroit Pistons for doing it right.
    True post.

Did he pay for all of the infrastructure improvements and road capacity expansion projects that were needed to funnel all of those fans in and out of there for every event?

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Did he pay for all of the infrastructure improvements and road capacity expansion projects that were needed to funnel all of those fans in and out of there for every event?
    Let me know what you find out

GUSHI Guest

75 was there before the palace, not sure of the exit was there before the palace,

The Palace has a terrible location, one of the worst-located arenas in all of sport. It would be one thing if it were within sight of the city, someplace like Dearborn etc…but it is over the hills and far far away. Truly a terrible schlep with so much traffic and so little reward, as there is nothing near the arena. Not just nothing cool…nothing whatsoever, except parking.

I can't think of anything comparable in the NBA. It's akin to Foxboro and the Patriots…the NEW ENGLAND Patriots. But they play there 8-11 times a year and you get to have your own tailgate party, because it's football. A mediocre NBA game 35 miles up a trafficked highway in a nowheres-ville township on a snowy february night? No thanks.

There is no reason why, within a decade, they share a home with the Red Wings.

This really isn't about metropolitan unity, Lowell. This is about truthfulness-- that the location is terrible and almost totally disconnected from Detroit and ANYTHING good about its region-- and it's also about what's best for what we want to be a united region. What's best would be a central location, and, short of that, acknowledging truth rather than perpetuating an illusion.

The one thing I would agree with is that it is in a crummy location. The Palace is an hour away from Southfield and the east side in heavy traffic. It is even a longer trek from Ann Arbor or Dearborn. Since the traffic after the game is even worse many people leave early knowing there is no where to hang out after the game. Bill Davison wanted the Pistons to play in a location convenient to him, not the fans.

GUSHI Guest

It was built in Oc, which has alot of disposal income, O could be wrong but when the pistons were good--didn't they sell out all the time?

Correct. They don't sell out now because people with careers have better things to do than watch a losing basketball team. The attendance the past two seasons have more often than not resembled rap concerts.

I am going to politely exit the pool, something I asked you to do. I do not have time to deal with racists.

Godspeed.

Correct. They don't sell out now because people with careers have better things to do than watch a losing basketball team. The attendance the past two seasons have more often than not resembled rap concerts.
    Please specify what a "rap concert" looks like and why that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
    The Palace has a terrible location, one of the worst-located arenas in all of sport. It would be one thing if it were within sight of the city, someplace like Dearborn etc…but it is over the hills and far far away. Truly a terrible schlep with so much traffic and so little reward, as there is nothing near the arena. Not just nothing cool…nothing whatsoever, except parking.

I can't think of anything comparable in the NBA. It's akin to Foxboro and the Patriots…the NEW ENGLAND Patriots. But they play there 8-11 times a year and you get to have your own tailgate party, because it's football. A mediocre NBA game 35 miles up a trafficked highway in a nowheres-ville township on a snowy february night? No thanks.

There is no reason why, within a decade, they share a home with the Red Wings.

This really isn't about metropolitan unity, Lowell. This is about truthfulness-- that the location is terrible and almost totally disconnected from Detroit and ANYTHING good about its region-- and it's also about what's best for what we want to be a united region. What's best would be a central location, and, short of that, acknowledging truth rather than perpetuating an illusion.
    Who cares if its "in the city". Nobody in Detroit can afford to go to Piston games anyway. You really think the people at 7 Mile and Van Dyke are going to be season ticket holders or afford to pay the going rates [[I'm talking about when they are actually decent). Yeah, the Pistons owner who could probably buy Mike Illitch multiple times is going to bring his team to Illitch's WELFARE funded arena when he has his own. Seriously, does everyone on this forum live downriver or something... Dearborn a central location LOLOL. You are so blinded by this "Detroit" bullshit to realize that the likes of Illitch are making you pay for all their shit down there and you eat it up. Gores doesn't owe you a damn thing and I hope he keeps the Pistons at the Palace as a big F-U to broke ass know it alls.

Quote Originally Posted by dbc View Post
    Please specify what a "rap concert" looks like and why that matters.
    Asking Archie Bunker a question will only result in Archie Bunker type answers

FWIW, Tom Gores has expressed interest in the Pistons relocating downtown, for the same reasons people like Dan Gilbert have mentioned.

The only reason I believe Gores is in no hurry to do so is because the Palace is still a state of the art facility that just had a ton of money poured into it.

So in hindsight, Bob Davidson [[intentionally or not) royally fucked us folks over who don't live in Central/Northern Oakland County for possibly decades to come.
    Last edited by 313WX; May-26-14 at 11:57 PM.

Yes, we all knew you where a racist, could feel the waves of hate in every post, but now you have just flat out said it. Why does a prejudice hating human being feel compelled to convince others to hate? Whats the point? Nobody wants to sign up for a uneducated, inhuman thought process. Your boy Hitler had his ass kicked, didn't you hear?

Who cares if its "in the city". Nobody in Detroit can afford to go to Piston games anyway. You really think the people at 7 Mile and Van Dyke are going to be season ticket holders or afford to pay the going rates [[I'm talking about when they are actually decent). Yeah, the Pistons owner who could probably buy Mike Illitch multiple times is going to bring his team to Illitch's WELFARE funded arena when he has his own. Seriously, does everyone on this forum live downriver or something... Dearborn a central location LOLOL. You are so blinded by this "Detroit" bullshit to realize that the likes of Illitch are making you pay for all their shit down there and you eat it up. Gores doesn't owe you a damn thing and I hope he keeps the Pistons at the Palace as a big F-U to broke ass know it alls.
    Well why did WCF move his team back downtown? He could have pulled a Piston's and kept the Silverdome "state of the art" and in the middle of nowhere. He funded most of FF. As for the Palace being state of the art, thats a frickin joke. When was last time you went to a game? Old scoreboard, old seats, stale environment. It was decent 10 yrs ago, but its time is coming to an end. BTW Have you ever been to a LIons game at FF? It's pretty obvious thats its a diverse crowd, tons of people must have been saving their welfare checks.

Is Cliffy from Cheers your idol? Because you sound like a drunk on a soapbox. No matter how hard you and others try to alienate people from the city you are never going to convince them to hate a city they love...As for Gores he needs to worry about keeping his wang away from his brothers wife....Money cant buy class....
    Last edited by Dbest; May-27-14 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    So in hindsight, Bob Davidson [[intentionally or not) royally fucked us folks over who don't live in Central/Northern Oakland County for possibly decades to come.
    Hate to break it to you, but that's Michigan's wealth center. The location is perfect for attracting people to your arena, which is why the Palace has consistently been among the busiest and top grossing U.S. arenas since its inception.

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    Oh I forgot from the previous threads, you never went to school and never learned essay writing 101 where you're told it's proper academic form to cite your facts when arguing a point. Do you just stand next to a barber chair all day collecting snippets of information to use on the forums, not knowing if they are true or not?
    What the hell are you talking about? You don't even live in the U.S., have never filed U.S. taxes, and are apparently unable to Google the easily accessible IRS rules.

And what the hell is "proper academic form"? This is a Detroit website, not a source for submitting PhD dissertations. Google the salary and sales cutoffs for the mortgage interest deduction; it's quite easy.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast