Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Sorry Gannon, you got lumped with me. In my own book, I am right with God or any version posters like. No doubt I'll get challenged on that too.

I truly feel bad that your friend found that long ago body. Very traumatizing!

MYKIDS deal with shit every day. Put your money where your mouth is and sponsor a kid to camp. We do not need body bags, just kids that live to support a future Detroit.

A ten year old in our neighborhood found jello shots in her Mom's fridge and took them to school. Got her whole class drunk and she was suspended. I actually believe she had zippo clue they had alcohol in them. If a ten year old can get a whole class drunk, then adults should be able to "smuggle" beer on the island. Get creative!

Default Back on topic... Hmmmm could this be happening?

Overly Aggresive Policing, showcased on the Island.

Why is this in the Financial/Fitness Zone?

Money Money Money

http://www.wxyz.com/financial-fitnes...ivacy-concerns

Last year, Vigilant Solutions offered police in Tempe, Arizona, license plate scanners for free. But there was a catch, according to a copy of the offer obtained by The Times.

To keep the freebies, the Tempe department had to go after at least 25 outstanding "Vigilant provided" warrants each month. In general, such arrangements are paid for by private collection companies, which profit by going after warrants that result from people failing to pay municipal fines, said Brian Shockley, a vice president at Vigilant.
    In the document, Vigilant assured the Tempe department that the offer was not an attempt to "unduly influence" its police work. But the company also warned that the free cameras would be taken away if the police department failed to meet its monthly quota.

GUSHI Guest

The parent should be fined, maybe have the kid put into protective custody,or have the parent put on probation, sh.t that guy made his kid walk a mile and is on probation, our society is becoming -------
    Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    A ten year old in our neighborhood found jello shots in her Mom's fridge and took them to school. Got her whole class drunk and she was suspended. I actually believe she had zippo clue they had alcohol in them. If a ten year old can get a whole class drunk, then adults should be able to "smuggle" beer on the island. Get creative!

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    The parent should be fined, maybe have the kid put into protective custody,or have the parent put on probation, sh.t that guy made his kid walk a mile and is on probation, our society is becoming -------
    Gushi, I agree! That just is not how it works, Trust me foster care sucks and most of these kids are better off at home even if it really sucks,{ have no answers just try to work with area kids as best we can. Kids live in houses with no heat or electricity. Women live with abusive men and think they have no options. So many in my neighborhood work to show women they can be independent and assault free. Not all get the message.

Not feeding trolls but kids come all the time to charge Mommas phone or do laundry. Sometimes homework or just a plain hug saying you are loved. Sometimes they are just plain hungry, junk food from the corner store doesn,t cut it. These are not throw away kids!

Please remember these are not throw away kids.

You claim to be devastated at a 15 yr old story.

Where were you when I was abducted and raped repeatedly by multiple perps. Where is that indignation, I got past that as best I could. How about my 87 yr old neighbor who was home invaded and pistol whipped for filthy lucre. How about a neighborhood child that got raped behind a local gas station that is known to sell drugs. I have plenty of indignation and am known for doing and improving my neighborhood.

Hey, you are all that.

Try Sending money to help feed kids whose parents sell food stamps for cash. We feed these kids real food. As a neighborhood, we try to teach life skills. My money is spent in my neighborhood. Problems exist in abundance and many joys and blessings too. So dwell on the past, do nothing to promote a betterment of society. Just post bitter posts against wrongs that that can't be righted.

Like I have said before, I pit my MBA against anyone's GED.

Oh screw it. Arm chair critics have fat buts and blubber on the brain. Pitch in, do something to change Detroit dynamics. If it suits you to insult me, so be it!
    Please point to where I claimed that, sumas.

What in the world does your personal tragedy have to do with your original post about "Not Telling the whole story"? Better yet, what in the world does your personal tragedy have to do with ME?

If that was aimed @ me, I have two responses for you. First, I usually find people that have to constantly brag about something, really don't have much going on anyway. Second if you DO have a MBA, I bet it was in hot air ballooning, and you graduated Summa Cum Laude.

GUSHI Guest

I like the way this sounds better, "policing , now wide spread in Detroit!"

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Please point to where I claimed that, sumas.

What in the world does your personal tragedy have to do with your original post about "Not Telling the whole story"? Better yet, what in the world does your personal tragedy have to do with ME?

If that was aimed @ me, I have two responses for you. First, I usually find people that have to constantly brag about something, really don't have much going on anyway. Second if you DO have a MBA, I bet it was in hot air ballooning, and you graduated Summa Cum Laude.

Summa Cum Laude, hey that was funny, didn't think you had any wit.

I stay on the board because I believe in lOWELLS VISION. Detroit how can we heal it.

I personally welcome extra police presence but caution against bully tactics, which sometimes happen. As stated and apparently ignored posts, I have a high regard for police, EMS and fire professionals.

It's true Belle Isle could be a powder keg this summer. I live in reality. Too many who are long gone, do not remotely understand the dynamics of Detroit. Personally think maybe they are hoping Detroit will riot again so they can all say, Damn I got out.

As far as being a bragger with nothing to say, I am no troll looking to make nice people leave the forum. Here is what I will brag about, a 39 year marriage, two successful sons, standing in my Detroit community and Detroit church. Hell yeah, I must be a serious bitch.
    Last edited by sumas; June-02-14 at 07:40 AM. Reason: spelling

sumas, yet again you have turned a thread, this time about policing, into "all about me."

All you got to do is pour your drink in a plastic cup and you will have no problems. I'm glad they are getting rid of the riff raff on Belle Isle. I used to belong to Friends of Belle Isle. Most memebers were from the suburbs. We would have special clean up days and the idiots would throw their bottles on the street because they were too lazy to walk 10 feet to a garbage can. I got tired of up after the low lifes.

I stay on the board because I believe in lOWELLS VISION. Detroit how can we heal it.

I personally welcome extra police presence but caution against bully tactics, which sometimes happen. As stated and apparently ignored posts, I have a high regard for police, EMS and fire professionals.

It's true Belle Isle could be a powder keg this summer. I live in reality. Too many who are long gone, do not remotely understand the dynamics of Detroit. Personally think maybe they are hoping Detroit will riot again so they can all say, Damn I got out.

As far as being a bragger with nothing to say, I am no troll looking to make nice people leave the forum. Here is what I will brag about, a 39 year marriage, two successful sons, standing in my Detroit community and Detroit church. Hell yeah, I must be a serious bitch.
    Weren't you also an opera singer? Me, me, me, me, meeeeeee.......

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4