Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

your plan is to stop the freeway expansion by getting people to ride the bus?

have you asked anyone if they would ride the bus? my friend rides the bus and everyone he talks to about riding the bus gasps in horror, as they think the SMART bus has the same overcrowding/violence/problems that the DDOT buses have.

i think most people feel riding 'the bus' is for 'the poor'.

i agree with you, theres some parts of freeway expansion that wont help any and more people need to ride the bus. but the bus drivers are talking about cancelling my friends route. which probably will happen if the tax doesnt work.

you talk about federal civil rights and mass transit? i dont remember any civil rights lawsuit in fed court over the smart system when livonia pulled out.

sorry, i am pretty confused about the whole issue.

Hey Compn tell your friend hes a liar, been riding SMART buses to work downtown evryday for 20 yrs
    bus is crowded to the max, we are certainly not poor, we work at law firms, IRS etc.. there is hardly no where to park since Quicken Loans moved down here, yes once in a while SMART might have an incident but not like DDOT.