Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by yaktown View Post
    The Dunkin' Donuts has been closed for a while now. It did not have frontage on Telegraph Road but rather one had to drive into an abandoned mall parking lot to get your caffeine fix. I'm honestly surprised the Sears is still open. How long can it last?
    You would be shocked. Sears/KMart are notorious for hanging on to stores until the last possible moment they can. Or alternately, closing relatively well performing stores for rather dubious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by motz View Post
    You would be shocked. Sears/KMart are notorious for hanging on to stores until the last possible moment they can. Or alternately, closing relatively well performing stores for rather dubious reasons.
    Several places around the US, I have seen Sears and Penneys stores hanging on to the end of an otherwise dead mall.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Several places around the US, I have seen Sears and Penneys stores hanging on to the end of an otherwise dead mall.
    If you look at the locations of dead malls, most of them are in areas that used to be middle class, but are now lower-middle, to lower class neighborhoods... Sears and Penny's target audience is the bargain shopper, and their store format does not lend well to non-mall situations. Every non-mall Sears/Pennys has several departments that are MUCH smaller than their mall counterparts, and I believe that might be the reason for sticking with a dead mall over opening a non-mall location.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Well, down here, another local case of a Sears hanging on in an otherwise dead mall [[although this one is only a strip mall)-the Lincoln Park store is a notable example.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3