Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    The law, in its majestic equality, forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, beg in the streets and steal loaves of bread. --Anatole France
    Poor black men like Mike Duggan can't get a fair shake from police on Belle Isle!

Protesting about the problems at Belle Isle by state takeover will not solve anything. It's a 'Mich 'ississippi' State Park with very strict policies and policing. It's to keep the riff-raff down and the DEAD [[C) KRAK HEADS out. It least Belle Isle is back to its glorious splendor.

Very articulate post eastside al.

I stepped away from this discussion for a while, mostly due to the yahoos who seek to make it into a false diametric "either/or" type of a situation.

Just because I called out the bullshit behavior of the MOSTLY white-faced law heavies on the island doesn't put me on the side of those who want to dump dead bodies on the island.

Since I've admitted to having business meetings on the island with individuals who dare to drink from 40-ounce bottles, doesn't make me open to the fools who have to prove their manhood by the amount of rubber they can burn.

Nice try, though.

I'm happiest that Snydely has been caught in yet another lie, this one about how "all" state parks are patrolled similarly...which was immediately contradicted by the head of the DNR, who obviously missed the memo with the talking points.

I'll be happier when the whole deal is reversed, with the DNR and the rest of Snydley's minions backing down from their attempted coup. I'll give it a year.

Duggan's team should be able to prove themselves by then...no way this park should continue to remain the center of this quandary. Bring back home rule!

Democracy...

Cheers,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I stepped away from this discussion for a while, mostly due to the yahoos who seek to make it into a false diametric "either/or" type of a situation.

Just because I called out the bullshit behavior of the MOSTLY white-faced law heavies on the island doesn't put me on the side of those who want to dump dead bodies on the island.

Since I've admitted to having business meetings on the island with individuals who dare to drink from 40-ounce bottles, doesn't make me open to the fools who have to prove their manhood by the amount of rubber they can burn.

Nice try, though.

I'm happiest that Snydely has been caught in yet another lie, this one about how "all" state parks are patrolled similarly...which was immediately contradicted by the head of the DNR, who obviously missed the memo with the talking points.

I'll be happier when the whole deal is reversed, with the DNR and the rest of Snydley's minions backing down from their attempted coup. I'll give it a year.

Duggan's team should be able to prove themselves by then...no way this park should continue to remain the center of this quandary. Bring back home rule!

Democracy...

Cheers,
    John
    Ah, the story's changed to "mostly" white. I'm sure as time goes on, it'll change again to "kinda" white. I was pulled over and issued a ticket on I-94 by a black trooper for speeding. I guess I should've shrieked "racism" like a little girl. How's the pregnancy coming along? Hope the baby's born black. Have a great night.