Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    ...hate to pick nits on such an icky subject, but he apparently likes young "men" ....not young "boys". that is a distinction with an enormous difference. If this WERE about allegations of criminal sexual conduct with young boys, you're right, the tone would be different.

But it's not because this isn't about child rapists and covering for child rape....it's about terrible judgement and a disregard for appropriate boundaries.
    Sorry Bailey, I happen not believe that @ 2400 hours, one is "magically" transformed from a "boy" to a "man".

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Sorry Bailey, I happen not believe that @ 2400 hours, one is "magically" transformed from a "boy" to a "man".

Regardless, we have to have lines somewhere. From all accounts thus far, Pugh didn't cross it. If he had there would have been criminal charges....then you could liken him to a pedophile priest or a Sandusky.
    Last edited by bailey; May-09-14 at 10:07 AM.

Regardless, we have to have lines somewhere. From all accounts thus far, Pugh didn't cross it. If he had there would have been criminal charges....then you could liken him to a pedophile priest or a Sandusky.
    Maybe true, but morally? He's an A-Ho'

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Maybe true, but morally? He's an A-Ho'
    Agreed. And because of that behavior, he's lost his job, reputation, and any future prospects. He is irrelevant to Detroit today and following him to new york to read his salacious texts at him was pointless tabloid click bait..which was really the only point I was trying to make.

Again, different story if he was running for re-election or was still getting paid while on a "leave of absence" for undisclosed reasons or was trying to make some sort of comeback here.

Right Bailey, and at the end of the day what did we learn from it....Ross?

About time our local news media found this freak! Pugh hides and we seek. Went AWOL from Detroit City Council then moves to yuppie land to sip on some Starbucks Coffee. The He move to N.Y.C. and pursue a new life and identity.

Ross, you had me at hel... Wait, I mean, you lost me at...

This story is not about sex and, believe it or not, wasn't put on Channel 7's precious airwaves to generate ratings or grab attention.
    Precious airwaves? Really? Do you say that with a straight face?

Bailey makes some very good points here. Where is the media on relevant matters to today's Detroit? I vote in every election and I know how hard it is to find fair and unbiased information on our local candidates until, well, oops! a fool gets elected and then the media is all over them. How about you help us ---- help us -- find the good candidates, BEFORE this nonsense happens??

He left in the dark of night, shut off his phone and abandoned his position on the council [[where he and his large staff are paid handsomely with scarce tax dollars).
    It's nice you don't hold back from stereotyping those overpaid government workers. Do you actually know how handsomely they are paid? It's a matter of public record, isn't it? Care to share with us what your salary is?

Charles was not charged with a crime, and we have certainly not said that one took place [[though Oakland County's prosecutor labeled Pugh a predator and said she worries he is up to the same tactics in New York City).
    Nice deflection. So, if the OC prosecutor is so relevant to the story, why not ask her to explain, as Bailey pointed out, that she said there were credibility issues with the mom's claims? I certainly am not asking this to defend Pugh, but it would be nice if you covered BOTH sides of the story.

Oh, sure, I understand. You're a TV station for "all" of metro Detroit. That is until you can find some dirt to perpetuate that the city is only occupied by folks that can't afford to go anywhere else. Then it's ALL about Detroit.

The real story is not about Pugh's behavior. From what I see, there is consensus on this post [[and probably in most of the region, too) that Pugh is sleazy, a scumbag and irresponsible. So how about doing some real journalism and tell us something we don't know... something we NEED to know?

Forgive my candor, but you can take your sanctimonious comments back to Specs Howard 101. You are doing nothing to move this community forward.

Judge: Teen can sue Charles Pugh, not Detroit, over alleged conduct

Detroit — A teen who says former Detroit Councilman Charles Pugh had an inappropriate relationship with him can pursue a lawsuit against him, but not the city, a judge has ruled.

U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Steven Rhodes lifted a moratorium Tuesday on lawsuits against the city. The teen, identified in court filings as “K.S. Doe” can sue Pugh but not Detroit outside of the city’s bankruptcy case, the judge ruled.

Any damages against the city would be liquidated in bankruptcy court and treated as an unsecured claim.

“Outside of the city’s bankruptcy case, K.S. Doe may not collect, or attempt to collect, any funds from the city on account of the claim, the lawsuit or otherwise,” Rhodes ordered.

The teen’s attorney, Bill Seikaly, said the civil rights lawsuit would seek at least $1 million.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz332K3JIPT
    Now that there will be no chance at a pot of gold, I'm guessing this is the last we hear of this rather sad episode.

Now that there will be no chance at a pot of gold, I'm guessing this is the last we hear of this rather sad episode.
    There go PU's tips.....

glad this is moving forward. would like to see if pugh actually shows up to defend himself in court.

those texts are something

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I am beginning to feel that is is another reason why he left. I don't condone what he had done. He should had never been a mentor especially if he could not control his urges. How did the reporter was able to find him in that big city? The reporter should had asked why did he leave without giving an apology for bailing ship to those who voted for him and the rest of the city to whom he was responsible for. He had taken an oath
    He probably was a mentor because of his urges.

Pugh gets 5 1/2 to 15 years in prison in plea deal

From article:

Former Detroit City Council president and broadcast journalist Charles Pugh pleaded guilty Wednesday as part of a plea deal to having sexual intercourse with a 14-year-old boy.

He will spend 5 1/2 years to 15 years behind bars. He also must register as a lifetime sex offender, get counseling and agree to have only supervised contact with children.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2016/10/25/plea-deal-expected-pugh-sex-case/92742912/

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...13836803-story

Last edited by Zacha341; October-27-16 at 04:45 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3