Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default UPDATE: Posting Problem Solved thanks to EMU Steve - PAGING LOWELL - Posting Problems

UPDATE: Thanks EMU Steve for solving the issue with IE 11! Switching on 'Compatiblity View Settings' does the trick. CLICK HERE to jump to EMU Steve's post.

The issue is with IE 11 and does not seem to occur in any other browsers. I gave up on IE long ago, which is why the wasn't detected. One huge difference I notice is that IE FINALLY! has spell check. Microsoft has gone from the forefront to the rear.

Original Opening post appears below.

==========================================

Lowell,

I have noticed that when typing in the dialogue box, many key strokes are not registering. It's only on Dyes. Sick of my posts?

Here, look:

Lowel,

havenoticethat hen typing in the dialoguebox, many key strkes aenot registering. It's only n Dys. Sic of my osts?

WHATS GIVES LOWELL?

It's your computer software. Get it fix right away.

Happens to me too, but not now for some reason???

I am not alone. Typing is fine until the "Auto-Saved" pops up and then typing problems start. Also, I can no longer compose in WORD and then cut-and-paste in Quick Reply.

Just working past it for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Packman41 View Post
    I am not alone. Typing is fine until the "Auto-Saved" pops up and then typing problems start. Also, I can no longer compose in WORD and then cut-and-paste in Quick Reply.

Just working past it for now.
    I don't have any problems with Google Chrome. Could be this something with IE? Or maybe something within your computer itself?

Me three. I'm glad someone started this thread. Can I ask which version of IE are you using, and what type of internet connection do you have? I use several machines. The one that I have this issue on has IE-11, and a slower internet connection. I'm trying to determine whether it's IE, the virus scan, or the slower connection doing this. The other issue is constantly having to relog in. I do the same thing as Packman41, but I type it first in Wordpad. Thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Me three. I'm glad someone started this thread. Can I ask which version of IE are you using, and what type of internet connection do you have? I use several machines. The one that I have this issue on has IE-11, and a slower internet connection. I'm trying to determine whether it's IE, the virus scan, or the slower connection doing this. The other issue is constantly having to relog in. I do the same thing as Packman41, but I type it first in Wordpad. Thanx.
    I thought it was my keyboard...

UPDATE...What was occurring with my laptop was not related to the issues mentioned in this thread.
    Last edited by SDCC; April-24-14 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SDCC View Post
    I thought it was my keyboard...
    In my case, not. If you're typing "Ok" elsewhere but DetroitYES!, then it's not the keyboard. My keyboard is typing fine in Wordpad. As soon as I tried to reply to you in DetroitYes!, tis sarted happening.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; April-23-14 at 05:10 PM.

I have no problems typing with fire fox.

Although the site gets very clunky will scrolling.

I'm sure this forum software is now dated, There are much better and more fully featured software today.

A lot of sites also have outgrown the previous hosts.

Thanks all we are investigating this.

In my case, not. If you're typing "Ok" elsewhere but DetroitYES!, then it's not the keyboard. My keyboard is typing fine in Wordpad. As soon as I tried to reply to you in DetroitYes!, tis sarted happening.
    I, too, noticed he problem but understood it to be 'unique' to this site.

I know IE 11 has some quirky ness with some sites but doubt that a forum would be one.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    I, too, noticed he problem but understood it to be 'unique' to this site.

I know IE 11 has some quirky ness with some sites but doubt that a forum would be one.
    I'm not sure what's causing the issue, [[therefore the questions), but it doesn't do it in IE-8. [[as you can see) Both OS's are Win 7.

Posting this with Firefox and am not experiencing ANY problems. [[v. 28).

My other browser, IE 11.0, is the one causing the problems.

I don't keep up with this stuff, but I've heard a lot of sites have problems with IE 11 [[including sites which publicly indicate, that one has to use 'compatibility mode' for their site).

I will check that out and report back shortly.

Posting this with Firefox and am not experiencing ANY problems. [[v. 28).

My other browser, IE 11.0, is the one causing the problems.

I don't keep up with this stuff, but I've heard a lot of sites have problems with IE 11 [[including sites which publicly indicate, that one has to use 'compatibility mode' for their site).

I will check that out and report back shortly.
    I'm typing this IE 11 and COMPATIBILTY view settings turned on. I'm not having the typing issues I had been having for days.

From www.detroityes.com, go to IE menu, Tools, Compatibility View Settings, and add this site.

That worked miracles for me.

[[I'm running Windows 7 and have both IE 11 and Firefox 28).
    Last edited by emu steve; April-24-14 at 10:42 AM.

I'm typing this IE 11 and COMPATIBILTY view settings turned on. I'm not having the typing issues I had been having for days.

From www.detroityes.com, go to IE menu, Tools, Compatibility View Settings, and add this site.

Good call, Steve. I'll try it later today on my other PC. I take back everything I've said abouit you.....

Good call, Steve. I'll try it later today on my other PC. I take back everything I've said abouit you.....
    Did you ever say anything unkind?

I just hope Lowell didn't get the problem solved while I was trying to come up with an IE fix.

I don't want to feel like the rooster who crows in the morning and takes credit for the sunrise...

I have no issues.

Windows 8.1
    Google Chrome

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    I have no issues.

Windows 8.1
    Google Chrome

More empirical evidence that it seems to be browser related.

Don't think the O/S is a factor.

Lest I be wrong all known problems have been reported by IE 11 users.

Here is Fairfax County's website and their explaination of the problem:

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/dta/ie11_users.htm

Note the reference to Firefox and Chrome.

I did as EMU Steve instructed and will now try WORD cut-and-paste.

OK, now that took care of the problem.

Typing now seems to work OK also.

Thanks a lot for finding the fix.

Use Google Chrome. IE is just getting worse with every version.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    Use Google Chrome. IE is just getting worse with every version.
    It's very frustrating that IE breaks so many things which each revision. IE11 is really bad, so bad that they're offering a way to run things in more of a legacy mode for enterprise customers.

I deploy browsers for a company, and Internet Explorer deployments take many months to complete and lots of man hours. Chrome and Firefox upgrades get minimal testing, and things very rarely break in new versions with those browsers.

That seems to have done the trick, Steve. Nice work & Thanx!

It's very frustrating that IE breaks so many things which each revision. IE11 is really bad, so bad that they're offering a way to run things in more of a legacy mode for enterprise customers.

I deploy browsers for a company, and Internet Explorer deployments take many months to complete and lots of man hours. Chrome and Firefox upgrades get minimal testing, and things very rarely break in new versions with those browsers.
    Exactly. Why use IE at all if you to use compatibility mode?!? You are basically throwing your old engine and shitty tires on a brand new car. Pretty silly.

Chrome works 1000 times better than IE and Firefox, but Firefox is definitely better than IE.

We had this problem where I used to work with more in-house, legacy [[or at least older) type systems where occasionally we'd have to run patches and frequently he had to run an older version of IE for those applications.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast