Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: soccer sucks

Default soccer sucks

THAT ought to get the fire flying but here are my thoughts...

my wife was 14, playing soccer in europe and because of the way you dribble with the inside of your foot, and you kick with the inside of your foot [[often hence the term soccer-style kicker for NFL kickers vs those who kick straight on) she blew up as in completely shattered her knee cap in her left leg...

the socialized medicine got her 'repaired' but it was sketchy at best requiring total knee replacement at age 35 [[but thats another story)...

NOW i see two sisters on TV from bloomfield hills who are sitting on a soccer pitch, talking about how they went to Team-Orthopedics for surgery, together on the same day. from playing SOCCER...

Could be worse. Could be football [[American version). Where you can end up walking around at 40 with a blown out knee AND not being able to remember your kid's names or your own phone number.

[[Before the trouble starts, I say this as someone who played football [[badly) in high school, and my phone number is... ummm...)
    Last edited by EastsideAl; April-21-14 at 06:09 PM.

Try Rugby. Our eldest plays that and seems he always has some medical problem or another. He is a grown man and is capable about making his decisions. Me, I wish he would play croquet .

Soccer doesn't suck as a sleeping pill.

There are problems caused by many sports. My high school has two ambulances parked at the end of the field during any football game but i don't see that at soccer games. I think that high schools should consider consider some sort of light headgear for soccer players though to prevent addled brains from heading balls. For most participants, soccer offers good exercise at little cost and can be played long past high school.
    Last edited by oladub; April-22-14 at 01:42 PM.

Hos is this topic remotely Detroit [[or environs) in nature?

Okay two girls in Bloomfield were on TV, but they could be anywhere. Detroit is not the center of the football universe. Heck, we are home of american football's Lions!

I don't like homework or broccoli either.

Bagatiway rocks, though. Is there an injury free sport? Tiddlywinks maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    Bagatiway rocks, though. Is there an injury free sport? Tiddlywinks maybe?
    Not if you go pro...the repetition will most certainly cause thumby Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

I did not say it was injury free. People used to die in games that lasted days.

You can't blame a sport for careless injury, have to be just more careful.