Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hybrid View

Dumpling: Thanks for your advice, this is helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpling View Post
    Detroit PROPER as a whole is one hundred times more dangerous than Pleasanton, California [[based on www.crimemapping.com). A house left unoccupied will have squatters and scrappers dropping in and causing
    massive damage within three months. This will be distressing to the outside
    investor as well as the owner-occupants next door.
    I would recommend to outside investors, if they wish to purchase a single house but leave it unoccupied in the Detroit area, to select a house in a lower crime area such as a suburb. I would suggest Farmington Hills. It will cost more but your chances of recouping your investment are so much better.
    Owner-occupants are generally very welcome and needed in Detroit. You will want to check out your immediate neighbors by your prospective house. If you are a newbie pass up any house next door to drug dealers. Most houses
    are next door to very nice people. Ask a few prospective neighbors with
    nice houses and yards and they will be glad to give you suggestions and
    describe any problems you might encounter [[with city services, crime, etc.).

Toby:
    It is a real dangerous area, there are 5 dope houses on my block and they sell dope right in front of one all day & night. There are abandoned houses on almost every block. Please stay in China or wherever you are.

I don't think sumas is a troll.

But like a few others here [[who I won't name), the permanence of their optimism can still sometimes come across as naivety [[even if it's not done intentionally) to some folks.
    Last edited by 313WX; April-21-14 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I don't think sumas is a troll.

But like a few others here [[who I won't name), the permanence of their optimism can still sometimes come across as naivety [[even if it's not done intentionally) to some folks.
    I can agree on your term of naivety. I find that I must refrain from responding to such extreme naivety or, [[love that phrase you put forth)
    "the permanence of their optimism", in a paternalistic way.

It just becomes a bit disingenous when offered up as a disinterested factual description the OP is looking for. I for one would not want to base decisions of my personal and investment safety on such seemingly biased personal viewpoints.

Last edited by Dan Wesson; April-21-14 at 09:21 AM.

Sumas isn't a troll, she just doesn't like it when people contradict her and gets a little 'shirty" about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Sumas isn't a troll, she just doesn't like it when people contradict her and gets a little 'shirty" about it.
    Hey who called me a troll. I certainly have strong opinions but am open to contrary views.I love and invest in my city and no doubt I can be "shirty" but my husband still loves me after 42 yrs so I guess I am not so rotten. Oh forgot three dogs who adore me, two successful kids, neighborhood respect, sit on many area boards regarding Detroit and its advancement.

By the way, when I get "shirty" I always apologize. This is a big world and I do appreciate others opinions.

GUSHI Guest

no FAITH IN DPS

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    no FAITH IN DPS
    None! Actually my kids attended Chrysler school in Lafayette Park for elementary, the principal there told me get the hell out of dodge for middle and high school. We listened.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    None! Actually my kids attended Chrysler school in Lafayette Park for elementary, the principal there told me get the hell out of dodge for middle and high school. We listened.
    Forgot to mention the principal was a black woman

Actually no, try Grosse Pointe South. I have never hid the fact that we left the city for education reasons. Couldn't wait to come home again.
    So Finney wasn't good enough for your kids, yet you're telling others what a wonderful school it is. Risking being branded as "attacking" you, your posts don't make a lot of sense sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    So Finney wasn't good enough for your kids, yet you're telling others what a wonderful school it is. Risking being branded as "attacking" you, your posts don't make a lot of sense sometimes.
    Oh I don't feel attacked. Finney doesn't exist any more. Brand new facility and is named East English Academy.

Oh I don't feel attacked. Finney doesn't exist any more. Brand new facility and is named East English Academy.

Is it now a Charter school? [[private school)

Nope. Actually I am hoping to get a tour. Visually the new school looks impressive. Others in my current community went there too. They want to see its revitalization also.

The high school East English Village Preparatory Academy is a Detroit Public School.

Last edited by Zacha341; April-22-14 at 09:09 AM.

Sorry my posts do not make sense, maybe if you tried to actually read them they might.

Sorry my posts do not make sense, maybe if you tried to actually read them they might.

Are you bipolar, or are 2 different people logging in on your ID?

Are you bipolar, or are 2 different people logging in on your ID?
    If you say so it must be true. Here is what I know. I am a Detroit resident. We/my husband and I have invested heavily in home improvements. Active in community, invest in area children, sending several to camp this summer. I can walk my neighborhood and I am greeted as Miss Su, I get hugs and kisses all the time. I know all my neighbors.

I am a realist, My house is lighted, armed and alarmed. My 3 dogs are pussy cats but would take you to pieces if you threatened me.

I get frustrated with city conditions. I share concerns on the board.

Yep, I am whatever you want to believe

If you say so it must be true. Here is what I know. I am a Detroit resident. We/my husband and I have invested heavily in home improvements. Active in community, invest in area children, sending several to camp this summer. I can walk my neighborhood and I am greeted as Miss Su, I get hugs and kisses all the time. I know all my neighbors.

I am a realist, My house is lighted, armed and alarmed. My 3 dogs are pussy cats but would take you to pieces if you threatened me.

I get frustrated with city conditions. I share concerns on the board.

Yep, I am whatever you want to believe
    Yeah, whatever, sumas. Don't forget to take your daily meds.....

Shirty, I just love that made up word. Too fun, swearing without swearing. We dedicated 7 yrs of our lives to care for my mother who passed at age 91. But I am an evil bitch apparently. She lived in EEV. So I do have current knowledge of the community. I have written and published a hard covered book of history regarding the east side but I am told I make no sense. We do tours and lectures, always sold out, but this board has decreed I am an idiot. I got a creepy letter sent to my home where my crabby posts got culled and published on ........ so I am cyber stalked and they made sure I knew it. Now I am called bipolar. Wow!

EEV is a great place to live but don't believe me.

Shirty, I just love that made up word. Too fun, swearing without swearing. We dedicated 7 yrs of our lives to care for my mother who passed at age 91. But I am an evil bitch apparently. She lived in EEV. So I do have current knowledge of the community. I have written and published a hard covered book of history regarding the east side but I am told I make no sense. We do tours and lectures, always sold out, but this board has decreed I am an idiot. I got a creepy letter sent to my home where my crabby posts got culled and published on ........ so I am cyber stalked and they made sure I knew it. Now I am called bipolar. Wow!

Dont worry Sumas!

Your posts make sense to me. Your humanity but also your reason shows through. I can easily imagine how much of your daily worries and joys can jar some and how it can be a balancing act for you to judge the tough love aspects of Detroit. Keep on informing us and inspiring us. Honky Tonk is a great contributor, he also feels for the city and its plight; and he is more questioning than I am from afar I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Dont worry Sumas!

Your posts make sense to me. Your humanity but also your reason shows through. I can easily imagine how much of your daily worries and joys can jar some and how it can be a balancing act for you to judge the tough love aspects of Detroit. Keep on informing us and inspiring us. Honky Tonk is a great contributor, he also feels for the city and its plight; and he is more questioning than I am from afar I guess...
    I am truly sorry if I expended too much personal info on this forum. As stated, 3 home hospice situations threw me for a loop. I do not feel particularly troubled or put upon, just really enjoyed this outlet and forum. If I am an annoyance I can quietly go away.

Sumas, I enjoy your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by carolcb View Post
    Sumas, I enjoy your posts.
    Thank you I enjoy this forum. Maybe I will just start a thread on connections take pot shots at Sumas. Maybe then people will stay focused on threads.

I grew up in EEV, originally DEAR and saw how it evolved. I saw what went right and what went wrong. It is just plain and simple a nice community. Detroit is not for everyone as I have said many times. Where ever we have lived we find goodness and kindness. We stay involved. I am Detroit for better or worse. Guess I am being shirty again.

How much of that book did you write? If memory serves me correctly, that book was written primarily by someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by townonenorth View Post
    How much of that book did you write? If memory serves me correctly, that book was written primarily by someone else.
    Bull shit every word in that book was written by me or my husband. Research by "that" someone else who took credit. Not a big deal the history is out there now. That is what important.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast