Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Rationally speaking, without the pom-pom waving or fear mongering, on a scale of 1-100, 100 being warm and fuzzy, I'd give it 60-70. ANYplace you buy in Detroit, except for maybe Midtown or Downtown, where you'll pay through the nose for not-so-much, it'll take a consolidated effort on the part of the purchaser, and certain precautions, to live here. Lighting, an alarm, [[to alert your neighbors because DPD won't show up) locks, perhaps a weapon, and a general "awareness" of your surroundings. As far as shopping and retaurants, you're going to need a car, or a bike. Most "Detroiters" from that area, go into Grosse Pointe to shop for groceries and dry goods. You'll also have to drive to bigger "chain" stores for purchases. I don't know where you currently live, but I always encourage potential buyers to make numerous trips into the area, to "gas up" @ the corner station, have breakfast @ a local eatery, maybe do some shopping, and get a "real feel" for what you're getting into. There are people that will welcome you with open arms, and others, who'll see you as an intruder and potential victim.
    Almost everything that you wrote wouldn't be specific to Detroit, you could say the same for just about any neighborhood including the suburbs.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Almost everything that you wrote wouldn't be specific to Detroit, you could say the same for just about any neighborhood including the suburbs.
    I don't know about that. Not too many people from Farmington drive to Grosse Pointe to buy groceries. Sorry, Just trying to answer OP's questions about life in EEV honestly.