Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Is that Ulurur Night-timer?
    Not far off. The three Outback photos I posted were taken at The Olgas, also known as Mount Olga or by the traditional Aboriginal name of Kata Tjuta.

Uluru is the traditional Aboriginal name for Ayers Rock, which is 36 miles [[60km) from The Olgas, in the same National Park.

Here's a pic of Ayers Rock [[Uluru) at dusk. I spruced up the colours in Lightroom software.

Name:  043.jpg
Views: 1216
Size:  29.7 KB

Here is people climbing on Ayers Rock [[Uluru) which is 348 meters tall...

Name:  003.jpg
Views: 1263
Size:  21.6 KB

nain rouge has started a wonderful thread. YOU ALL need to step up and show us what you have hidden away on your computer/camera. Its not that hard and many of us love to see what you see in Detroit. After many years of shooting film, welding metal Fred Sanford style and stacking rocks on Belle Isle I have realized we all have our own vision of beauty in this city and many of us have captured it in different ways. This thread is on photography and I know many of you have a good shot to share with us. Dont be a bitch, look through some of your archives and show us what you got.

I took a few this morning with my sweet new camera I bought yesterday.

I don't have access to all of my pics here at work, but here's a few from my phone. First one is Hamtramck, however...

Name:  20131228_164647.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  61.8 KB

Name:  20140130_165819.jpg
Views: 1166
Size:  35.0 KB

Name:  20140201_124146.jpg
Views: 1208
Size:  28.9 KB

Name:  20140201_131949.jpg
Views: 1221
Size:  12.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by milt721 View Post
    I don't have access to all of my pics here at work, but here's a few from my phone. First one is Hamtramck, however...
    Really like the first and last ones. I haven't been to the first one in quite a while. Is it still around?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Really like the first and last ones. I haven't been to the first one in quite a while. Is it still around?
    Picture is from Dec. 2013.

My picture of the Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory on Belle Isle. Name:  1398433846929.jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  41.4 KB

Milt721, is that first pic Hamtown Disneyland? It looks similar but not quite. I had a GF who lived there but I dont remember it looking quite like that.

I just bought my first DSLR yesterday and am loving this 18mm. Heres a couple of my first pics.
    Attachment 23417Name:  IMGP6424.jpg
Views: 1139
Size:  57.0 KBName:  IMGP6425.jpg
Views: 1099
Size:  30.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Milt721, is that first pic Hamtown Disneyland? It looks similar but not quite. I had a GF who lived there but I dont remember it looking quite like that.
    Yeah, it's Hamtown Disneyland, taken from the alley.

So I walked into the bathroom at the Cadieux Cafe and was confronted with a urinal full of ice. I thought it odd enough after a couple, or so, imported beers to take a picture. Real, everyday Detroit? Yes, very real. That's how one tavern in Detroit gets rid of its ice.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I just bought my first DSLR yesterday and am loving this 18mm. Heres a couple of my first pics.
    Attachment 23417Name:  IMGP6424.jpg
Views: 1139
Size:  57.0 KBName:  IMGP6425.jpg
Views: 1099
Size:  30.4 KB
    Django, what kind of DSLR did you get? Just got my second one...a D3200 body and used my old Nikon lens.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    So I walked into the bathroom at the Cadieux Cafe and was confronted with a urinal full of ice. I thought it odd enough after a couple, or so, imported beers to take a picture. Real, everyday Detroit? Yes, very real. That's how one tavern in Detroit gets rid of its ice.
    they say ice works better at masking odors than those little pink cakes..dunno if that's true though

A couple from my wedding 2 weeks ago. Pictures came out great around downtown.

Name:  ret0757.jpg
Views: 1191
Size:  27.9 KBName:  ret0786.jpg
Views: 1129
Size:  45.3 KB

A couple from last July. To all hardcore east-siders: look for any landmark you recognize in either photo.

And here's one more that I dug up from several years ago, taken moments after a supercell severe thunderstorm rolled through the city [[2005, to be specific, so, as always, spot the errors that suggest this is a newer picture).

And this last one is only a Google Street View image-but welcome to the world's tallest Joumana Kayrouz billboard!
    https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4468...xAsg!2e0?hl=en
    Last edited by mtburb; May-06-14 at 06:00 PM.

Pentax KX is what I bought Patrick and Im lovin it. Ive finally been dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century. I grew up on film and chemicles. I love the smell of stop bath in the morning, it smells like,,like

Took this Monday morning unaware that they were tearing it down that day. I was just out with my new camera shooting.

Uggh, I cannot get the pic straight. Ive been working 3 hrs trying. You get the picture, literally and figuratively.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    A couple from my wedding 2 weeks ago. Pictures came out great around downtown.

Name:  ret0757.jpg
Views: 1191
Size:  27.9 KBName:  ret0786.jpg
Views: 1129
Size:  45.3 KB

Wow, Congratulations!

The bride looks a million! Great stuff mikeg19!

I wish you a bunch of mikey and mikettes following you around Detroit in the years to come...

wedding picture taken in the heart of the city
    Name:  IMG_5634.jpg
Views: 992
Size:  36.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by YoungOldHead View Post
    wedding picture taken in the heart of the city
    Name:  IMG_5634.jpg
Views: 992
Size:  36.4 KB
    Great photo! I like the black and white contrast. Of course, not everything is black and white, there are grey areas.

Uggh, I cannot get the pic straight. Ive been working 3 hrs trying. You get the picture, literally and figuratively.
    Irfan View has been pretty popular around here for manipulating photos like that. It's freeware.

LOL
    Fancy seeing [Ayers Rock] this in a Detroit blog!
    You know the Aboriginals DON'T want you climbing it [sacred], unless you pay
    Seeing your doing *stunning* photos, *maybe* you could practice taking some @ 8200 Mack Ave
    Cheers [From down under]

Been a while. I'll also share one of my wedding from October. I have a few more I can grab later on. Love this shot.

Cass Corridor early 90s

25. Default

Hell fire and brimstone preached to Movement Detroit Electronic Music Festival goers at Woodward and Jefferson.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast