Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AGinthe313 View Post
    Yes those are mine.
    Good eye. I like them. You captured the essence of the people of Mexico Town. Nice camera too.

Great shots AGinthe313, after seeing them I called my girl and asked her to go with me on the 4th next month. Nice work. You gotta love that pan n zoom, makes it all a little more fun to watch.

I suspect that almost every poster here has a great shot of or in Detroit, no matter what it is. This thread should be blowing up with pics. Step up dammit and share a little.

Come on people, post a pic. It's not that hard to do.
    Last edited by Django; April-25-14 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Crown Russe. Its the finest vodka made.

Default Old Miami last night

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    The newly burned warehouse NE of I-75 X Warren.

Hope you will all let me know if my pics are not happy enough. I myself can find happiness in the rubble.

Me, too.

This is a spectacular shot. The location suits wide shots, panorama shots, detail shots, etc.

At night, you could lock the camera firmly on a tripod and do a lengthy time-exposure - then you walk around manually popping a flash to illuminate various bits of detail in the scene.

Night Timer, thats a great idea. With time exposures I always think of that famous pic of Picasso in LIFE magazine of himself drawing in the air with a glowing stick. I want to try what your speaking on though, that would be fun.

Really nice photos AG, and love the shot at the Old Miami Django. This is a great thread.

Night Timer, thats a great idea. With time exposures I always think of that famous pic of Picasso in LIFE magazine of himself drawing in the air with a glowing stick. I want to try what your speaking on though, that would be fun.
    Django, we can do some time-exposure stuff when I come to Detroit from Sydney in a few months. I'm looking forward to working with you. I can help you with exposure and camera settings, too, if need be. Here's where I am at the moment: Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Northern Territory, Australia...Name:  028.jpg
Views: 945
Size:  30.6 KB

Beautiful photo Night Timer. Yes I am in need of some help with digital, I would very much love your help. We can start at the Miami with a beer on me.

Great shots AGinthe313, after seeing them I called my girl and asked her to go with me on the 4th next month. Nice work. You gotta love that pan n zoom, makes it all a little more fun to watch.

I suspect that almost every poster here has a great shot of or in Detroit, no matter what it is. This thread should be blowing up with pics. Step up dammit and share a little.

Come on people, post a pic. It's not that hard to do.
    Thanks Django - Enjoy the parade this year.

A few shots from a few years ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Hope this thread isn't going to disappear.

Old Guy, wait until I get to Detroit from Sydney, Australia - Django is gonna provide me with some of his local Detroit knowledge. I'd upload whatever I shoot if I think it will be of interest to D-Yes members. I'll be in Detroit for a month. My local Aussie stuff can be found here:

http://www.corbisimages.com/Search#p...ace&p=1&sort=2

Cheers, Robert Wallace [['night-timer')

Quote Originally Posted by night-timer View Post
    Old Guy, wait until I get to Detroit from Sydney, Australia - Django is gonna provide me with some of his local Detroit knowledge. I'd upload whatever I shoot if I think it will be of interest to D-Yes members. I'll be in Detroit for a month. My local Aussie stuff can be found here:

http://www.corbisimages.com/Search#p...ace&p=1&sort=2

Cheers, Robert Wallace [['night-timer')
    And the band played Waltzing Matilda..........

Yes, I am Australian, mate, born and bred...

BTW, the song "Waltzing Matilda" [[a traditional Australian folk song) actually has an obscene meaning. I won't go into it here...

I should probably be careful about going off-topic, but my fascination with the remarkable city of Detroit might be reciprocated by your interest in the 'martian' Outback landscapes I see here in Australia when I get outside Sydney with my camera....Name:  204.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  37.5 KB

.... another quick upload before I go too far off-topic... one more Aussie Outback pic:

Name:  027.jpg
Views: 802
Size:  57.1 KB

Looks like Arizona.

Or Utah.

old miami! greatest detroit bar - HANDS DOWN

Farnsworth at the DIA

Door manager at the Doghouse. I lived at about 1998. 2nd X Temple. Worst place I ever lived and I lived at the Ansonia before this.

21. Default

Is that Ulurur Night-timer?

\2nd and Selden about 1995. I wish I could remember her name. I only met her once but she was a real sweetheart. I could be wrong but I got the distinct impression she was working the stroll.

[/B]

A few from the river walk.
    Name:  photo 3.JPG
Views: 701
Size:  91.5 KBName:  photo 2.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  26.8 KBName:  photo 4.JPG
Views: 696
Size:  90.9 KBName:  photo 5.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  31.3 KBName:  photo 1.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  38.0 KB

Just a few more
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Name:  DSC00014.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  43.4 KB

Name:  DSC00283.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  27.0 KB

Name:  P1010621.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  68.6 KB

Name:  Banana Tree.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  47.6 KB

Name:  DSC00061.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  38.2 KB
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; May-03-14 at 02:40 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast