Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: stalking

Default stalking

I was a little surprised today to get a anonymous letter on ................com letterhead.

Apparently my posts got culled over the many years on this forum and posted there to make me look mean or foolish.

I was a little freaked that it was addressed to my screen name but to my personal address. What kind of freak does that? What a waste of his/her time. It was intimidating. I have had issues with small vandalism recently, is it this pervert?

I can't be bothered to check out that site. I sincerely hope that my posts over the years have had some small value. Who could hate me that much to do such a shallow deed?

Reported and gave copies to police and FBI. Sumas

That is weird. Are you saying someone cut-n-pasted a bunch of your old posts and sent them to you via the US mail?

that does seem like a lot of unpaid work.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    That is weird. Are you saying someone cut-n-pasted a bunch of your old posts and sent them to you via the US mail?

There are some odd ones out there, making sport of stuff they obsess over.

Met a fellow once who slipped up after an introduction at a small concert, asked his friend if I was the guy they left open one false avatar here for, so the whole room could make their comments when they were hanging at his house.

I thought that curious...and keep those folks at arm's length or better now.

Some people are cruel in groups, its the ones who remain such when they are alone you've really got to watch out for. There are cliques, and then those who have clacked.

Luckily, all of this internet stuff is tracked...no worries, Sumas, just ask the NSA...if only Detroit had that Jesus-with-a-Gun guy.

Cheers!
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; April-13-14 at 09:41 AM.

John, don't bad mouth the NSA; after all they are the only part of the government that will listen to you.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post

Yeah, I was a little surprised that they worked that hard to make me look foolish. A friend who has zero computer skills said wow that must be an extensive labor of hate.

I was left quite blank. Apparently they registered me on a vile forum. I reported this to appropriate authorities. Intimidation via US Postal service is a federal crime.

Mostly I have just let it go. What kind of loser would attempt to intimidate a disabled senior?

This forum has been a God send to me. Spent 10 yrs doing home hospice for three very loved people. It made me feel connected to the world. My husband has Parkinson's now, so connect the dots.

We still stay active in our community and church. Donate modestly to area programs

So if someone wants to vilify me I guess I say go for it, sicko