Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by MizMotown View Post
    ... When it comes to corporate power and politics the biggest question is what is it for? If it's for hoarding and power and bullying that is called mental illness. [[There is a show on A&E all about hoarding. Is hoarding money any different? And if it's about power it's narcissistic and psychopathic....
    That really needs to be stressed more often. The fact that it isn't is more evidence of the same disease.

Cheers, Gannon.

Quote Originally Posted by MizMotown View Post
    lol YAA!! I work in Detroit. Detroit gets my money for working in Detroit although I just park in a garage and walk into a building 5 days a week! I am a Detroit contributor!!
    Hey thanks, I mean that. Some time ago I said contributors should have some kind of vote and wow did I get stomped. Regional cooperation is something I support.

I saw a show [[channel 4) that featured inkdetroit. that does T shirts etc. Right on the program the guy said 80% of on line sales are from out of state???

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Sorry, sumas. Did not intend post to be targeted at you or your post.

The OP did call Snyder and Orr humorous name -- but in the larger context of things, hardly worth mentioning and not so much name-calling.

But I respectfully suggest, that terms like Snydley and DictatOrr while humorous are not respectful. Thus, I do not respect such posts nor the poster, whether the posts are spot on or delusional.

I believe we have become too quick to attack those with whom we differ. As true from the far left as from the far right. Both sides believing the other being worse.

Respect has switched from something earned to a 'demand'. I don't assume Gannon lives to earn my respect. And I don't expect such. We both should judge each other on behavior, ideas, manners. Be willing to forgive. And respect those who earn it.

If i do not have respect for Gannon's post, is this a slight? Should he feel 'disrespected'? No.

So back to the debate... do we really think Snyder is a bad guy? I'm listening. But I don't think so.

And I am very critical of those who attack his and Orr's efforts to carry Detroit through and past this difficult situation. I believe Snyder has done more for Detroit than the last dozen mayors combined. Unlike Granholm, he has stepped up to the plate and is addressing many of the systemic problems in Detroit. Corrupt pension boards that have squandered sacred retirements. Inefficient bureaucracy that is a jobs farm. Lack of public safety by a weak DPD. Monopolistic schools that have failed generations of Michiganders. You may not like his solutions, but he's brought them to Detroit. For that he deserves respect. Whether you agree -- that's up to you.
    Again..this is YOUR opinion. I can find plenty of people that beg to differ on YOUR Governor. Kevin Orr, I don't have a problem with. He's doing what he was brought here to do. But Snyder, is a another ball of wax. Just as Gannon suggests in a prior post, Snyder has done nothing to benefit the REAL citizens of this state, only the corporate entities masquerading as citizens. As far as the name calling, "If the shoe fits".....
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; April-10-14 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Hey thanks, I mean that. Some time ago I said contributors should have some kind of vote and wow did I get stomped. Regional cooperation is something I support.

I saw a show [[channel 4) that featured inkdetroit. that does T shirts etc. Right on the program the guy said 80% of on line sales are from out of state???
    So what you're saying is if "X" amount of people in, let's say Jackson Hole Wyoming, buy "X" amount of t-shirts, they should get to vote in Detroit's election? Actually, I kinda like that. Lets see how they do.

Snyder and Orr are a penny wise but a dollar foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    So what you're saying is if "X" amount of people in, let's say Jackson Hole Wyoming, buy "X" amount of t-shirts, they should get to vote in Detroit's election? Actually, I kinda like that. Lets see how they do.
    Hey don't be snide. I believe it should be obvious I was talking about non residents who work in the city and do pay taxes.

But why pick Jackson Hole, is that another city slam?

I just thought it strange that so many sales go out state to ex pats.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Snyder and Orr are a penny wise but a dollar foolish.
    It's funny but I worked for couple as a gardener regularly, their housekeeper said they would pick up the penny but never saw the dollar. Guess that is our state in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Again..this is YOUR opinion. I can find plenty of people that beg to differ on YOUR Governor. Kevin Orr, I don't have a problem with. He's doing what he was brought here to do. But Snyder, is a another ball of wax. Just as Gannon suggests in a prior post, Snyder has done nothing to benefit the REAL citizens of this state, only the corporate entities masquerading as citizens. As far as the name calling, "If the shoe fits".....
    How does sending State Police into Detroit to patrol not benefit REAL citizens? How does taking Belle Isle under State management to save Detroit real money not benefit REAL citizens? You are entitled disagree.

btw, do you want REAL jobs? Do you think they often come from corporations? I also don't see much problem with benefiting corporations either. Its not an either or game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    How does sending State Police into Detroit to patrol not benefit REAL citizens? How does taking Belle Isle under State management to save Detroit real money not benefit REAL citizens? You are entitled disagree.

btw, do you want REAL jobs? Do you think they often come from corporations? I also don't see much problem with benefiting corporations either. Its not an either or game.
    As much as I hate giving tax breaks, I agree. The area has little to offer by way of enticing business, and high taxes for corporations certainly don't sweeten the deal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2