Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    Fraud is an epidemic in corporate tax loopholes. Some companies structure their businesses to take advantage of it, others outright lie.
    Government won't seriously tackle fraud because when the politician is dependent upon the campaign donations, they will vote for those bills which keep the cashflow moving, and oppose those who stop it.
    http://billmoyers.com/2014/04/03/an-...te-tax-breaks/
    Let's keep in mind that holds true for both political parties.
    Our politicians are bought and paid for.

But that doesn't change the fact that some folks are driving Escalades and Expeditions, taking their 5 kids to the pediatrician and paying for it with a Medicaid card. Something isn't right.
    Meanwhile the working poor have no health care, are raising kids with no help, and can't get help even if they try.

Fraud is Significant :
    If the fraud rate is only 2%-3%, how much money could it really be costing us? Well…these low rates would mean that roughly 785,000 to 1.2 Million families are illegally receiving welfare benefits. At the average rate of $11,500 per year, this is costing the tax payers between $9.0 - $13.5 Billion dollars every year.
    http://www.roanen.com/1/post/2012/04...osting-us.html

I personally know a woman who committed over a million dollars in Medicaid fraud, I reported her more than 4 times to the appropriate fraud hotlines and agencies, and they were not interested whatsoever. Was it because she was Hispanic? I don't know. Honestly I don't think the agencies care.

What I do know is if I, a middle aged white working male, committed said fraud, they would be on me like a starving bulldog on a juicy New York Strip.
    Last edited by Papasito; April-30-14 at 03:27 PM.