Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

in this thread.
    im confused

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Don't live in denial, my brother. When white people go on the rampage, it's other white people who get hurt. Personally, that's why I stay away from scene where lots of suburban whites gather.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gener...but-not-a-riot
    I respect your tenacity, but once again, just more stuff that isn't mob violence.

It was quite an issue in Royal Oak when the large mob starting getting "too loud". Those are suburban problems, which are different than those in Detroit where gang beatings and drive-bys are the issue.

Keep in mind, that you're engaging in a debate where one side is going to have a lot more ammunition than the other.

Rest easy, strawmen! The violent crime rate per capita in Warren is a measly 569 to Detroit's towering 2,137.

The Warren welfare abusers may be lazy, but they won't hurt you like their Detroit brethren!

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Caucasian people need to let go of their anger and realize all the entitlements they get. Look at welfare. Most of the families on welfare are white. If these white people just want to keep on getting welfare and living at home and making more babies, maybe we need to look at the deeper pathologies. Then there's meth use, which is a real problem for the white community. It's getting so you don't want to have too many friends in that demographic or something bad could happen ...
    It is beyond me why the administration of this board tolerates your blatant trollling. You must amuse them, or something.
    Last edited by townonenorth; April-04-14 at 10:18 PM.

^^ Posters like DNerd are the only reason some of us continue to visit this site, that's why. Can't tell you how tired I am of reading the same 5 threads over and over without a blink or a smile, I can barely muster a post anymore. At least he's an amusing and thoughtful race-baiter... unlike most.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    ^^ Posters like DNerd are the only reason some of us continue to visit this site, that's why. Can't tell you how tired I am of reading the same 5 threads over and over without a blink or a smile, I can barely muster a post anymore. At least he's an amusing and thoughtful race-baiter... unlike most.
    Now this is a real funny post. And you really have an odd way of defining "amusing and thoughtful".

gwen be part of nerd's herd...

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    Sometimes I can't stand his posts, that's why they're so great to read. He's the guy I love to hate, but don't actually hate.
    Last edited by Scottathew; April-05-14 at 07:30 PM.

I think Dnerd is just as angry at the senseless violence as most of us are. He just doesnt give in to the usual rhetoric. He turns the rhetoric upside down in an effective way. Just look for post #88 in the opposite thread about the mob attack, and you get an idea how little has changed in the past 40 years in the Clint Eastwoody view of race relations. Clint's forgiving scene in Gran Torino is just another installment in the "Make my Day" category of race relations.

But youse definitely need more firepower in Detroit, more guns are going to add flavor to the already potent mix. Gunz'r fun.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    You aren't really claiming that there is no racial component to generalization of 'Detroiters' are you? Are you really saying there is a distinction here and elsewhere between speaking of 'Detroiters' and 'those'
    Sometimes people use it as codeword racism, and sometimes thin-skinned people here who immerse themselves in an "us vs them" victim mentality see racism in every use of the word, no matter how innocuous. So it kind of goes both ways.

That thread about the guy who got beaten nearly to death after stopping after an accident wasn't just another "Detroit bashing" crime thread. It was a NATIONAL news story concerning Detroit. It was a legitimate topic of discussion, even if it was negative in nature. But of course, certain posters here get immediately defensive and hostile at the mere mention of it and other threads that mention crime in Detroit. Why is that? Every criticism of the city is not magically rooted in racism against black people.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I think Dnerd is just as angry at the senseless violence as most of us are. He just doesnt give in to the usual rhetoric. He turns the rhetoric upside down in an effective way. Just look for post #88 in the opposite thread about the mob attack, and you get an idea how little has changed in the past 40 years in the Clint Eastwoody view of race relations. Clint's forgiving scene in Gran Torino is just another installment in the "Make my Day" category of race relations.

But youse definitely need more firepower in Detroit, more guns are going to add flavor to the already potent mix. Gunz'r fun.
    Right. Because black people beating up their black spouses NEVER happens in Detroit, only in the 'burbs. Wonderful analogy, pure genius. Next......

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Right. Because black people beating up their black spouses NEVER happens in Detroit, only in the 'burbs. Wonderful analogy, pure genius. Next......

Yes it does, but when it happens in the less sensationalistic way of the dominant white world we call the culprit "a nutcase" not so when we read about "so-called "honor crimes" in certain quarters, certain cultures. I dont deny the ghetto mentality that persists in the black community, but I also look at statistics for criminal sentences among whites and blacks for same crimes and I find more than a bit of analogical truth in D'nerd's story. Again?

I wonder what good ol' Frank Rizzo has to say on this. Nerd is allright in my book. You guys have to see the sarcasm in his posts. He is no racist, I assure you.

Stromberg2

Nerd keeps the counter balance to this incident, this attitude, right on the money, well done sir!
    Like most other problems this one is economic, I just wonder if a lot you people who are revolted by the nerd were revolted when they cut out $40 Billion from food stamps, $20 billion right out of children's mouths. Keep this shit up there'll be more carnage from all color's of people.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3