Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Finally - Obama hits back at his critics!

Finally - Obama hits back at his critics! Lord knows they are legion - and increasingly on the left. With so many scandals and failures dogging his administration [["phony" and real, depending on your political allegiance), it's great to finally hear him come out swinging in self-defense!

"I've been unfairly maligned about my jeans. The truth is, generally I look very sharp in jeans. There was one episode like four years ago in which I was wearing some loose jeans, mainly because I was out on the pitcher's mound and I didn't want to feel confined while I was pitching, and I think I've paid my penance for that. I got whacked pretty good. Since that time, my jeans fit very well."
    There we have it - proof positive that the notoriously thin-skinned President [[Exhibit A: the 2006 Dowd-Obama "ear flap") is capable of reacting to constructive criticism.

Speaking of Maureen Dowd and Obama's jeans, she looks at Obama and the Democrat's prospects in the upcoming 2014 mid-term elections and doesn't like what she sees [["Dems in Distress"):

"Obama’s approval ratings will shape the midterms, and some Hill observers compare his crumpling numbers to an illness. The president didn’t do the basic things to take care of himself, and now he’s gone terminal and contagious.

The closest the president came to getting a leg up on mounting a defense was on Friday when he told Ryan Seacrest in a radio interview that he had been unfairly maligned for his mom jeans: “Generally, I look very sharp in jeans.”

Due to the inability of the president and congressional Democrats to move their agenda through Congress, the president is having to govern through executive order and revising federal regulations.

Republicans have latched on to this to make the case around the country that Obama is a dictator and an imperial president. But governing through executive order isn’t a sign of strength. It’s a sign of weakness.

And it’s that weakness that has Democrats scared to death."

Yawn.
    Republican or Democrat, the President of the United States is a farce. There hasn't been a President of free will since JFK, and look where it got him. The President is a chosen do-boy [[or soon to be girl) for the Central Banking System and select elite around the world. Their power is limited and the stage of Democrat vs Republican is simply an attention diverter while the real work is being done.

Obama is doing a horrible job. But he is doing what he is told.
    He's probably a nice guy in real life, but if he dared to govern from the heart, and act independently [[aka on his own with his own judgement) the true power core of the planet would not tolerate it.

All I have to say is that We had an awful president in George W Bush, and somehow we elected and re-elected someone that made him seem not so bad. Obama is a joke, and I can't wait for his term to be over, and hopefully both parties put someone decent up there, because no matter which side wins we should have a better representation of us running things.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    All I have to say is that We had an awful president in George W Bush, and somehow we elected and re-elected someone that made him seem not so bad. Obama is a joke, and I can't wait for his term to be over, and hopefully both parties put someone decent up there, because no matter which side wins we should have a better representation of us running things.
    Better representation of who?

My life has been great and improving under President Obama, for what it's worth.

If he gets fired up enough, Obama might show his greatest skills and start organizing a community!

"Not ready to lead" wasn't just a Republican political point, it was the truth.

My life has been great and improving under President Obama, for what it's worth.
    You getting Free stuffs?
    I work longer hours than I did 10 years ago, and make half the money, doing the same job with more responsibilities [[to cover the positions that were eliminated and merged into my job).

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Better representation of who?

Serious question, how or what has Obama done that directly affected your life to make it better? All I know is that he's made mine harder. Fact, I pay more in taxes, and my medical costs have skyrocketed in the past year. I have crohns disease and I've never seen medical bills like this before. It's a direct result of the 'affordable care act'.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    You getting Free stuffs?
    I work longer hours than I did 10 years ago, and make half the money, doing the same job with more responsibilities [[to cover the positions that were eliminated and merged into my job).
    As I suggested earlier, maybe this has to do with your own choices.

I don't qualify for free anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    Serious question, how or what has Obama done that directly affected your life to make it better? All I know is that he's made mine harder. Fact, I pay more in taxes, and my medical costs have skyrocketed in the past year. I have crohns disease and I've never seen medical bills like this before. It's a direct result of the 'affordable care act'.
    That's the wrong question. I believe one's own betterment has more sway than a President's policies.

If I were worse off, I'd question my own choices. I'd wonder why others are succeeding. I'd work to better myself and my life.

Why don't you blame the insurance companies for being opportunists?