Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    No. They're nice handmade steel frames from Waterford Bikes in Wisconsin. They're not "performance" bikes, which can get close to $10K.
    I guess it's not 1983 anymore? LOL! I thought my Calnago was tipping the scales @ close to $1200!

Nice to see that the president of Shinola is investing in living in the city.

http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...an-village.php

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I guess it's not 1983 anymore? LOL! I thought my Calnago was tipping the scales @ close to $1200!
    Good steel frames are insanely expensive because the mass-producers have moved to AL, and in that context, Shinola is not very expensive at all. They're lovely.

HB

Quote Originally Posted by Huggybear View Post
    Good steel frames are insanely expensive because the mass-producers have moved to AL....
    I assume by "AL" you mean "aluminum" and not "Alabama."

Just in case others were too.

Quote Originally Posted by Huggybear View Post
    Good steel frames are insanely expensive because the mass-producers have moved to AL, and in that context, Shinola is not very expensive at all. They're lovely.

HB
    @ $2500, considering the caliber of parts you're getting, it's definitely no bargain. However, you do get the satisfaction of saying "I own one". I'm glad to hear the owner decided to also invest in a neighborhood, and not just Midtown.

This is only indirectly related to Shinola as the complex is gaining a new hipsterish barber shop, Fellow Barber. Its just so strange to see Manhattan/Brooklyn/San Francisco/Midtown Detroit as locations for a company, not that I'm complaining.

http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...barbershop.php

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Its interesting that people from the Detroit area would find it "obnoxious" for companies providing jobs in Detroit to say that they are in Detroit. I guess Detroit's image is already one of a thriving economic area?
    Religious zealots and radials from left and right often castigate those not as pure as they are -- ignoring how good someone/something is -- and focusing on how bad/imperfect they are.

How much are haircuts, $110-$150?

Photo taken yesterday of a shop window located in Toronto's high-end shopping district:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4