Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I saw this and all I could think to myself is how Gary thinks this will draw more support for him? Didn't the Democrats laugh at Clint Eastwood for talking to an empty chair?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    I saw this and all I could think to myself is how Gary thinks this will draw more support for him? Didn't the Democrats laugh at Clint Eastwood for talking to an empty chair?
    Nobody knew why Clint was talking to an empty chair. Terry Lynn Land was invited to debate and declined. Reminding people that she was too chickenshit to appear might help Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Nobody knew why Clint was talking to an empty chair. Terry Lynn Land was invited to debate and declined. Reminding people that she was too chickenshit to appear might help Gary.
    From MSNBC: Terri Lynn Land’s ‘no-show strategy’
    To clarify, this is not to suggest Land is quitting. On the contrary, the Republican campaign is still running plenty of campaign ads and, as best as I can tell, still hopes to be elected to the Senate.

That said, the GOP candidate is taking a non-traditional approach of limiting her interactions with voters, avoiding interviews with journalists, and skipping all the debates.

It may have contributed to the fact that the Koch brothers’ Freedom Partners officially gave up on the Michigan race last month.
    Also, from The Detroit News: Debate over debates nears an ending
    An odd episode of stage fright during a press conference at the Mackinac Policy Conference last spring sealed her deer in the headlights image. That's since been enhanced by the occasional awkward response to media questions.

Land cut back on interviews with the press, creating the impression that she's not ready for the scrutiny and spotlight that comes with being a U.S. Senator.

That's worked to sharply lower expectations of Land in a head-to-head debate with Peters, now considered both the more informed and articulate candidate. If she shows up on the stage and doesn't faint when the lights come on, she'll have surpassed what's anticipated.
    Last edited by Jimaz; September-20-14 at 08:06 PM.

An odd episode of stage fright during a press conference at the Mackinac Policy Conference last spring sealed her deer in the headlights image.
    Oh, yeah. That whole "At one point, looking slightly panicked and clearly uncomfortable, she pushed microphones away and said, 'I can't do this. I talk with my hands.'" incident.

Perhaps it was a bit too hopeful to expect that the massive funding of the wealthy Koch plutocrats would compensate for honestly saying "I can't" before the press.

Hmm. There's a limit to what political influence [[bribery) the Kochs will buy?

Perhaps lying through teeth is what they prefer to fund.

Follow the money!
    Last edited by Jimaz; September-20-14 at 09:52 PM.

Default Americans for Shared Prosperity Ad

Default McConnell amnesty ad targeting his opponent Alison Grimes

Haven't seen this one but it sounds incredibly stupid.

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/in..._compares.html

The College Republican National Committee is raising eyebrows with an online ad based off the show "Say Yes to the Dress," comparing voting for Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger Mark Schauer to shopping for wedding dresses.
    I have seen the Gary Peters ad where his family calls him cheap.Too cutesy.

Default Noam Chomsky refutes right-libertarianism

Chomsky on Right-wing "libertarianism"
    1. Anti-politics 0:00:00
    2. Libertarianism 0:03:10
    3. Capitalism 0:05:04
    4. Free Markets 0:06:08
    5. Greed 0:11:00
    6. A Call for Corporate Tyranny 0:11:44
    7. The Federal Reserve 0:13:38

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/in...der_democ.html

Michigan voters will get to see Republican Gov. Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger Mark Schauer share a stage this fall after all.Both candidates have agreed to participate in a televised town hall on October 12 in Detroit. The hour-long Sunday forum is set to begin at 6 p.m. on the campus of Wayne State University.

Michigan Voter Information Center
    • Determine if you are registered to vote
    • Find your polling location
    • Contact your local election official
    • Learn to use your voting equipment
    • Find answers to frequently asked questions
    • View your sample ballot

Did anyone actually watch the "Town Hall Meeting"? I only heard a little bit on the radio.

Default Allison Grimes [[D-KY)

This is going to hurt Mitch. Allison has the issue and the accent.

Default Kamau Bakari with Cliven Bundy

Oh oh! Main street America and the poor folks and President Obama is a trouble if Republican reclaim more senate seats in U.S. Congress.

Tomorrow's the day. No matter who wins, at least the political ads will go away for a while.

^^^ November 5th original agendas and policies can resume -- no longer constrained by the politics of vote leveraging.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-04-14 at 06:43 AM.

Interesting analysis from the Democratic side:

http://www.eclectablog.com/2014/11/r...-michigan.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Tomorrow's the day. No matter who wins, at least the political ads will go away for a while.
    Sorry, no way. Nov. 5th is the official kick off of the 2016 Presidential election cycle. I'll be creating a thread soon on it. I know you can't wait!

Democrats Suck.
    Republicans Suck.
    Republicans talk their talking points, then get into office, and they don't do what they say they were going to do. They also sit back on major issues like immigration and health care, don't come out with any ideas, then when Democrats get back in charge they finally do the wrong things and Republicans get pissed off.

I'll be amazed if Republicans don't sit back on their checkered pants and let another 2 - 4 years go by without pushing for real improvement in this country.

Default Stand with Hillary

Really, what can I say? That's a dust free 2014 Chevy pick-up, correct?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3