Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I'm happy with the outcome. I have a feeling if they put it up for a vote today that the numbers will have changed greatly, perhaps even enough to get a majority to overturn it.

As more and more bigoted old people die off and are replaced by young people that are more loving and accepting of others the overall attitude will change.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    I'm happy with the outcome. I have a feeling if they put it up for a vote today that the numbers will have changed greatly, perhaps even enough to get a majority to overturn it.

As more and more bigoted old people die off and are replaced by young people that are more loving and accepting of others the overall attitude will change.
    Hey, I resent that old fart comment! We marched to end war. We marched to end bigotry. We work within our communities to enhance health and education for our youth. We put our money where our mouth is. Affluent, youth only seem to know how to text seemly useless info about themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Hey, I resent that old fart comment! We marched to end war. We marched to end bigotry. We work within our communities to enhance health and education for our youth. We put our money where our mouth is. Affluent, youth only seem to know how to text seemly useless info about themselves.
    The facts are what they are. The baby boomer generation supported racial equality, and they deserve props for that, but the vast majority of them still supported discrimination against gay people.

It's really no different that the progressive movement of the early 1900's that fought for the right of women to vote, but still wasn't too hip on equality for black people.

IMO, this is all part of a continuum. The progressives in the teens and 20s fought for gender equality and civil rights. The progressives in the 50s and 60s fought for racial equality and civil rights. The progressives now are fighting for LGBT equality and civil rights.

We know that some of the old school 60's civil rights people support us, but the reality is that most baby boomers do not support LGBT equality. A 2013 Gallup poll shows that more than half of the the 50-64 [[baby boomer) generation still doesn't support gay marriage, while more than half of the 30-49 demographic supports it, and an overwhelming majority of the under 30 population supports gay marriage.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/162398/se...ies-above.aspx

No hate, just reality.

You tell em' sumas!!!!!
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; March-22-14 at 07:16 AM.

HAHA. I should not have been as blanketing as I was.

I was thinking of my grandparents, who were all racist. My remaining grandparent comments about "negros" when we're out in public, and the comments aren't nice comments. I think he's starting to come down with dementia though, so maybe that's to blame...

There are a lot of older folks who have been on the tolerant, loving side of history.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post

Whoa.... time to take of those blinders pal.... when was bigotry a domain of only old people??

How do you explain away all those young skin heads??

There's no magic age of either bigotry or love...