Quote Originally Posted by YourCorner View Post
Well, it looks like all the research & stalking of the Fisher mansions was for not [[though enjoyable). I've acquired an old brochure of The World of Architectural Antiques, which lists the origins of some of the architectural pieces installed in the APCC.

The stone actually came from the "Dodge & Weber Mansions - Grosse Pointe"

I was just going to post a picture, but my scan is 42MB! lol From an old Grosse Pointe News article, the Weber Mansion was located around Lake Shore & Provencal & torn down sometime in 1984 for the Windemere Place development.

Anyone familiar with it?

I haven't done that much poking around yet & I'll reduce the size of the photos to post.
Hello all, first post longtime lurker.

You are correct the stone and railing came from the Weber mansion that was on Lakeshore just south of Hank the Deuces mansion which is now the Windemere Pl. condos.

Went thru it many times as it was being dismantled. Talked with Mr Bianco many times. Home was not that impressive on the interior, had a rather large ballroom as I recall. House had a cold uninviting feel about it.
Original plans were found on the property including the landscape plan that showed extensive formal gardens that went to Kercheval.

Dont confuse this home with the Weber home on Weber Pl in GPS.