Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by a100driver View Post
    +1 on what Gnome and Honky Tonk said about St Francis fish fry. I was there for the opening at 11am last Friday as usual. Excellent as usual. The people and the atmosphere also really make half of it for me. I was disappionted and saddened to hear that one of my favorite old ladies who collected your money when you walked in passed away, and that the "pop man" with his cart can no longer help due to health issues wasn't there either. I will still support St. Francis and their dedicated bunch. Plus, I have a hard time concentrating when I go there for mass...the church is beautiful and my eyes wander all over.
    I agree. It's an old school, blue collar, church atmosphere that has gone by the wayside. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's passing, and about pop-man. He's my fav. Always a snide comment. Those elderly people are my heros. @ their age, they're still cooking, cleaning, bussing tables, kickin' it out & making a difference. I hope I have half the energy and enthusiasm they do when I reach their age. I missed "opening day" through no fault of my own. I plan on making it this Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by agirlintheD View Post
    Missed Sweetest Heart's fish fry this past week; however, I heard it was quite a disappointment not only by the size of the crowd, but also the quality of the food. There is a new pastor [[and a deacon who seems to have taken over) there and many changes have been going on [[some, not for the better). From what I understand, the "old-timers" are not taking change too kindly. With that being said, I wasn't there Friday, so I can't give my true assessment, but it would be a shame if the quality/crowd were subpar knowing how good they have been in the past.
    I was there this past Friday. The crowd was smaller but the food was great!

Wyandotte Mt. Carmel used to have a great Lenten fish fry with your choice of fish including perch. Absolutely delicious.

I love a good fish fry. Yes, cod is my favorite, but I like em all. Up until about a year ago there was a restaurant called Alexanders on Middlebelt in Garden City that had an all u can eat walleye special every Friday ... great walleye. Great soup bar and Polish food too. They went under though ... a shame.

See you at Sweetest Heart tonight!

American Polish Century Club in Sterling Heights 14 mile & Maple Lane
    Fish Fry and Polish Meatless Dinners
    Pierogis, Potato Panckes. Bascia Special - 2 pierogis, 2 pancakes, 1 pc of cod
    also a full bar with polish beers

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Van View Post
    See you at Sweetest Heart tonight!
    I'll be heading there as well, around 5

[[pls note that I'm bumping an OLD thread with this ...)

Just went to a great All-U-Can-Eat Lenten Fish Fry [[batter dipped codfish!) at St. Sebastian parish in Dearborn Heights [[Outer Drive & Pelham Rd area).
    $10 ... includes all-u-can-eat fish, fries or redskins, mac & cheese, green beans, coleslaw, roll & butter, and dessert.
    Fridays 4pm to 7pm ... only thru Lent ... so from now that would be Fri 3-16 and Fri 3-23.

Batter dipped cod was so good.
    Last edited by Tony Codfish; March-12-18 at 11:30 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2