Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Mildred Gaddis - Should she Apologize?

Gaddis on July 17 accused WADL's GM Lewis Gibbs of failing to include the disclaimer and lying about it. "You had a general manager of a television station, who chose to make false statements about his error in not running the disclaimer on that television station," she said on the WCHB airwaves. "...That was slanderous for him to lie, the way that he did."

WADL on Monday sent a letter to Gaddis and Radio One, the owner of WCHB, demanding Gaddis stop making "defamatory" statements and deliver an on-air apology.

What's this about? I'm not familiar with the incident.

WADL is trying to re-up their 15 minutes of fame.
    Both Gaddis & WADL should thank Steve Wilson for letting people even know they exist.

While I love listening to Mildred in the morning, most I know are not interested in talk radio. They would much rather listen to Steve Harvey or Tom Joyner. You have to be a political junkie to listen to her show everyday.

WADL???? What station is that anyway?
    Just looked up current programming [[4:00pm - 6:00pm)
    Three Stooges
    Brady Bunch
    Beverly Hillbillies
    I love Lucy
    Happy Days
    Laverne & Shirley

Okay, NOW I know why I don't watch.

It was the station's responsibility to add the disclaimer in the first place. WADL just wants to raise its profile so it can sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmil View Post
    WADL???? What station is that anyway?
    Just looked up current programming [[4:00pm - 6:00pm)
    Three Stooges
    Brady Bunch
    Beverly Hillbillies
    I love Lucy
    Happy Days
    Laverne & Shirley

Okay, NOW I know why I don't watch.
    I could do without Happy Days and L&S, but that's a pretty good lineup if you ask me. It reminds me of the shows they use to have on channel 50 when I was a kid.
    The Stooges alone carry that lineup.

As far as the feud between Mildred and WDAL, I'm picking the station that has three stooges as opposed to one.

"It reminds me of the shows they use to have on channel 50 when I was a kid."

Those ARE the shows that were on channel 50. By the time they reached channel 50, I had already seen them in reruns 4562 times.

original link, anyone?

This is just that ugly owner upset that Mildred has followers. I heard looking at Gibbs is hard on the eyes. Now it is his station and he should fire the staff that did not put he disclaimer on.
    No apology is needed. Get a life man.

I listen to Mildred also. I think WCHB was a better station when John Arnold, Alan Tomkins, Michael Features, and Bob Law were the station's line up. There was a difference in opinon during that era. Not just one dimensional as it is now with Mildred. She doesn't have the history of Detroit nor it's people and politics. Those guys knew how to talk about current events without having a guest on. Mildred have to have a guest on to talk about what is going on in the world Relationship 911 is the only time that she doesn't have a guest on and can hold a one on one conversation with her audience. Angelo Henderson is much more a natural talk show host than she. He could bring up a topic ranging from what is going on around the country to local issues and hold a conversation without a guest with his listening audience. Karen Dumas was another one. Mildred always mention credentials but credentials are nothing compared to natural talents

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I listen to Mildred also. I think WCHB was a better station when John Arnold, Alan Tomkins, Michael Features, and Bob Law were the station's line up. There was a difference in opinon during that era. Not just one dimensional as it is now with Mildred. She doesn't have the history of Detroit nor it's people and politics. Those guys knew how to talk about current events without having a guest on. Mildred have to have a guest on to talk about what is going on in the world Relationship 911 is the only time that she doesn't have a guest on and can hold a one on one conversation with her audience. Angelo Henderson is much more a natural talk show host than she. He could bring up a topic ranging from what is going on around the country to local issues and hold a conversation without a guest with his listening audience. Karen Dumas was another one. Mildred always mention credentials but credentials are nothing compared to natural talents
    I have to agree with you, during that time everyone had a different opinion. Their points of view ran the gambit. When Karen Dumas was on WCHB there was still this difference of opinion. Although I thought the Mayor should have step down; a appreciated the difference of opinion.

Now it's just one note all the time [[as far as local talent goes). I really don't listen to a whole broadcast of either host. It seems like they're all for right except when it comes to friends. When someone they know gets in trouble they tend to circle the wagons [[IMHO).

Quote Originally Posted by MCB Lawrence View Post
    Now it's just one note all the time [[as far as local talent goes). I really don't listen to a whole broadcast of either host. It seems like they're all for right except when it comes to friends. When someone they know gets in trouble they tend to circle the wagons [[IMHO).
    Are you speaking of Gaddis' as she called it "professional friendship" with Sam Riddle?

Actually, Angelo Henderson has a very interesting call-in talk-show right after Mildred Gaddis starting at 10:00 AM on WCHB, 1200 AM and is also streaming live via the internet at: http://wchb1200.com/home.asp Angelo doesn't align himself with the local politicians is more open minded and his show is very informative allowing all caller comments regarding Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by RayStar View Post
    This is just that ugly owner upset that Mildred has followers. I heard looking at Gibbs is hard on the eyes. Now it is his station and he should fire the staff that did not put he disclaimer on.
    No apology is needed. Get a life man.
    She certainly does have followers, she treat them to brunch the first Sunday of each month at Seldom Blues, while giving away gifts via a lottery. I personally witnessed it myself. These are the people whom were calling into her station when those of us chose to keep our thoughts to ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    Are you speaking of Gaddis' as she called it "professional friendship" with Sam Riddle?
    Why yes, yes I am.

Default our thoughts

I cannot call in to Mildred Gaddis's show for I am at work at that time. I can't use the business phone for it. The last time I had called in to her show was 4 yrs ago to ask Eric Ladell[[her financial expert) whether or not it is wise to buy a house being single with no kids and pushing 40. Mildred, being naive, had said "Why are you almost 40 and haven't invested in a house?" I had told her that I don't think it is a good time for me to buy one and I would come out cheaper in an apartment. Mildred and her so-called expert disagreed. Four years and thousands of foreclosures later, I still pat myself on the back for not listening to her and her expert. Mildred will not call Susan Orman on the show for Susan will tell her the real deal. When a caller who opposes Mildred has his/her's facts together, Mildred cuts them off like she use to turn off Greg Bowens mike when he disagreed with her on the air.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    When a caller who opposes Mildred has his/her's facts together, Mildred cuts them off like she use to turn off Greg Bowens mike when he disagreed with her on the air.
    That's pretty much the SOP for most radio shows, usually followed by the host bashing the opposing caller for several minutes after the caller is disconnected and unable to defend themselves.

Default All powerful

Mildred really thinks of herself as Detroit's Oprah........FYI it trips me out that she won't let you talk about God or morality if your not a minister she is related to or if you disagree with her.........BOW DOWN TO THE GREAT AND POWERFUL GADDIS

I think the story about Gaddis's pay-for-play in order to get on her TV show tells a lot about her. She had Freman Hendrix on her radio show on a daily basis, I wonder how much he paid her? People now know that she is not as sincere as she leads on and that she in it for money. She, Conyers and JoAnn Watson held that church rally againt the Cobo Hall deal and she does not even live in Detroit. We are wise to her now.

OMG, I am so over this woman. Her show is just insufferable, the way she cuts everybody off if they are not on her side. And don't even attempt to utter one kind word about Ken Cockrel, her hate and disgust for him is so ridiculously out of control that she acts like a scorned lover. If you say Ken Cockrel was breathing fine this morning, she'll remind you of the 41k he lied about and how he and his wife fight, blah blah blah. But if you say one negative word about her bestie Monica Conyers, she'll insist there is no evidence, Monica is innocent until proven guilty, etc., etc. She thought MC should be given 30 days to exit office after her plea, now that the equipment is missing, she feels MC promised to rectify the situation so she should be left alone. She is such a Monica apologist that its sickening.

I no longer listen to her show, Angelo's show is much more tolerable and he's less rude and doesn't stutter like Mildred. I just want to reach through the radio and pop her upside her head when she does that awful stuttering.

I was told that she has some people posting on Detroityes.......Be careful THE EYE IS ALWAYS WATCHING AND WAITING

LOL @ CoD. Way too funny.

Yes Detwa. I have been saying the same thing for a while on here. She needs to move to one of those other cities that she has worked in. She keeps reminding us of that, now go Gaddis. As far as her sheep, is that not a joke? Bye bye Gaddis. You have officially jumped the shark!

I was just thinking Kathy Hughs doesn't even listen to the show does she. How is it that you can't hear this stuff she's doing. Is Mildred contract that tight or does she got picture of some one having sex with farm animals this is unbelieveable. I still listen to the show and I here the same callers day after day and they all seem ignorant and very uninformed. She like our black version of Rush.........On a side note yesterday I believe she told a call that on the other networks her job was to be a male basher........ but I remember some one who was at the station with her said that was the main problem the had with here and that those where her real views. Listen to her relationship shows tell me you don't see the bias. The Only man that gets respect on her show is one with power or money.

She gives respect to her callers who are white males. She doesn't care for male callers who are of African Decent. I know I would get respect but would rather she gives it to everyone. She would not fit in with the markets that are in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Dallas. Her mannerism is too folksy.