Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
I listen to Mildred also. I think WCHB was a better station when John Arnold, Alan Tomkins, Michael Features, and Bob Law were the station's line up. There was a difference in opinon during that era. Not just one dimensional as it is now with Mildred. She doesn't have the history of Detroit nor it's people and politics. Those guys knew how to talk about current events without having a guest on. Mildred have to have a guest on to talk about what is going on in the world Relationship 911 is the only time that she doesn't have a guest on and can hold a one on one conversation with her audience. Angelo Henderson is much more a natural talk show host than she. He could bring up a topic ranging from what is going on around the country to local issues and hold a conversation without a guest with his listening audience. Karen Dumas was another one. Mildred always mention credentials but credentials are nothing compared to natural talents
I have to agree with you, during that time everyone had a different opinion. Their points of view ran the gambit. When Karen Dumas was on WCHB there was still this difference of opinion. Although I thought the Mayor should have step down; a appreciated the difference of opinion.

Now it's just one note all the time [[as far as local talent goes). I really don't listen to a whole broadcast of either host. It seems like they're all for right except when it comes to friends. When someone they know gets in trouble they tend to circle the wagons [[IMHO).