Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ukraine/Crimea

I was just watching Lurch saying what he said he said he said to the Russians. I don't know how they can say Nyet.

The Chinese government is publicly siding with Russia on the crisis in Ukraine, and that is very bad news for the United States. Not only does it mean that the U.S. is essentially powerless to do anything about the situation in Ukraine, it also means that Russia and China are starting to understand how much economic leverage that they really have.
    http://www.econmatters.com/2014/03/w...back-over.html
    that site has about as much value as sunblock for a bat. China has stayed virtually mum on the Ukraine issue, and they couldn't stop trade with the US without utterly destroying their own economy.

The US is virtually powerless in the Ukraine issue, as they were in Georgia. So is China, so is the EU. What would you suggest? WWIII? That is exactly what would happen if we sent military aid to Ukraine. We could seize all US/Eurozone assets owned by Russian nationals. Not freeze, seize. See how fast the oligarchs turn against their man if that happened.

What really needs to happen is for Sweden to declare that, since Kiev was founded by Swedish people, Ukraine is part of the Kingdom of Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post

This is a bad time for America to risk a world war.
    Just curious. When would be a good time for America to risk a world war?

^^^ Awesome point. But for sure it's NOT now!
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-15-14 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Just curious. When would be a good time for America to risk a world war?
    There isn't. But if they were to take one on for a just cause, if any nation were to take one on for a just cause, they would need a strong manufacturing base, a strong sense of patriotism, non-strangling regulations that allow you to create the means to fight and win, an armed citizenry to assist in repelling invasion, an economy that is not structured heavily on imports, and the means to finance such a war.

Simply put: USA vs Russia AND China = Game Over.
    The USA should worry about themselves as it is falling apart at the seams. But truthfully I believe the collapse of America is intentional and premeditated. The bankers behind the Fed are getting filthy rich in the process.

sveta Guest

They have to be re-doubling with laughter at this point!
    You are right, it was funny

sveta Guest

Russia Forever! NATO go home! Sorry, nothing personal.
    You don't prehnite me? It is true that you have a democracy? And everyone can Express his opinion?

GUSHI Guest

YOu know what they say about opinions, they like asshole every 1 had 1. So what country will Russia invade next? The Eu and Usa better put a stop to this or Russia will spread, the new Soviet Union. Watch out Poland. It time for the powers that Be to put a end to this.

Quote Originally Posted by sveta View Post
    Russia Forever! NATO go home! Sorry, nothing personal.
    You don't prehnite me? It is true that you have a democracy? And everyone can Express his opinion?
    Technically, we have a republic which has democratic aspects.

What is "prehnite"? Should we want to prehnite you?

According to wikipedia, "Prehnite is a inosilicate of calcium and aluminium"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prehnite
    Last edited by oladub; March-16-14 at 09:39 PM.

sveta Guest

What is "prehnite"?
    Ahahahah! )))
    expel, cast, throw, chase, banish

sveta Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    The Eu and Usa better put a stop to this or Russia will spread, the new Soviet Union.
    how to stop?

GUSHI Guest

Troops/peace keepers, what ever you wanna call them, on the ground. if they don't it will spread. history repeats itself. look at Yugoslavia, it was great country until Tito passed. you had the strongest state Serbia, try to show its power and had mass graves full of Muslims all over Bosnia. millions of more people would of died if the the Us and Eu wouldn't of stepped in. Russia and Serbs are pretty much the same people. It always seems that they get hostile towards their neighbors every few decades. [[ not tryng to say all Serbs/Russians feel the same way). if I'm not mistaken today Serbs migrated from Russia to the Balkans. the orginal people in the area were Illyrians and Greeks.

GUSHI, The Romans invited the Croat tribe from somewhere around Byelorussia to settle on and protect the Roman frontier. The Croats were supposed to have been good warriors. Free land in return for help securing the border of the Empire. The closely related Serb tribe came along. Incidentally, they have haplotype genes in common with Scandinavians who came from the same area.

That said, Serbs had a problem with Albanian terrorists killing Serbs in Bosnia a former Serbian homeland. The reason for Muslims in that area historically has to do with former Serbs and Croats becoming Muslim to attain better jobs and lower taxes under Ottoman rule. Serbs moved in to eliminate Muslim terrorists and the war spread from there. There were no nice guys in that war. So the Clintons bombed the Serbs and made Bosnia part of the Islamic world. Now, some Al-Queda people are there training terrorists who could blend in with Europeans better than Saudis. Thanks, Bill and Hillary.

"Serbian authorities say 2,500 people, about half civilian, were killed in the NATO bombings. Most estimates place the number of civilian deaths caused by NATO’s assault at about 500, with many more military casualties. The death count for the entire Kosovo conflict, which worsened considerably after NATO’s intervention, is about 10,000."

GUSHI Guest

Bosnia was never a Serbian home land. The Serb migrated to the region, the Serbian homeland would be present day Russia. The Serb tried to do to the Bosnia Muslim what hitler did to the Jews, most Croats are Catholic, not Muslim. The Serbs murdered there own people due to them being Muslim. The Serb didn't get there bidding, so Bosnia remains and so does Kosovo.

GUSHI Guest

I 'm very familiar with that region my parents came over here in 1968.

GUSHI Guest

That area was part of the kingdom of Illyria, which is present day Albania, the only known decented of the Illyrians. I'm catholic and I have no problems with Muslims were Serb due in general have issues.When Yugoslavia split they let all the Christians states leave without any issue. just not the predominately Muslim ones. Bosnia and Kosovo.

Crimea belongs to Mother Russia, End of story.

Thank you comrade Danny....

.... also, looks like we have new people looking for moose and squirrel!

sveta Guest

Каким образом Сербия и Югославия к Украине и России? В любом случае, не нужно нам ваше миротворчество, нам и без НАТО хорошо

Каким образом Сербия и Югославия к Украине и России? В любом случае, не нужно нам ваше миротворчество, нам и без НАТО хорошо
    Well it always does lose something in the translation....

"How Serbia and Yugoslavia to the Ukraine and Russia? In any case, it is not necessary to us your peacemaking, US and NATO is well"

sveta Guest

No. We are fine without NATO.

Well Sveta... welcome to the DYES forum... may we ask you where you are from?

sveta Guest

from Russia, Domodedovo.
    I see "8 mie", and registreitedhi forum one year ago

sveta Guest

I can to read
    But speake and write very bad

from Russia, Domodedovo.
    I see "8 mie", and registreitedhi forum one year ago
    I looked it up. Domodedovo is about 22 miles SSE of central Moscow. Google street view hadn't been through town yet but had a few pictures of Domodedovo posted. The surrounding area is countryside even though so close to Moscow. Wikipedia has a short article regarding Domodedovo.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domodedovo_[[town)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast