Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    From what I know of her [[I don't live in MI) she is a very talented person.

P.S. I don' think you are using nepotism correctly. She'll be elected in her own right and not being appointed to a job by her husband.

Nepotism is what the Ford family did with their automobile company. "you go the blood [[relation), you got the job..."
    Thanks for the correction, but it sounds close enough to me. Doesn't matter if she's appointed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Term limits are a huge mistake. Can't we see that now? Our current state representatives just barely get a chance to understand the real issues and how to wield power -- and then we whack them.

Dingell [[albeit at fed level) shows the value of long-term service. I didn't agree with him a lot, but he was a great representative who knew his district, and knew how to look out for our interests.

Boo to term limits. Its a lot like minimum wage. Sounds good, but in the end hurts far more than it helps.
    I understand this thought. How much does a new employee in a vastly different environment/culture than what they're used to really accomplish at the beginning?

And with term limits, we'd potentially only have new employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Thanks for the correction, but it sounds close enough to me. Doesn't matter if she's appointed or not.
    If everyone else agreed with you, she wouldn't be elected.

She has a relatively impressive resume. Perhaps more so than many other current reps.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    If everyone else agreed with you, she wouldn't be elected.

She has a relatively impressive resume. Perhaps more so than many other current reps.
    Bingo !! Now we're getting somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Term limits are desperately needed so these greedy chumps can’t make it a long-term career out of screwing the American people as politicians.
    Amen!
    The Supreme Court as well.

I used to be in favor of term limits then I look at the Michigan legislature and LOL. That is probably some of the most inept people ever. I mean you got the right wing morons from the west who have no hearts and will sell their mom for a quarter and then you got Coleman Young JR and that other guy with all the felonies from Harper Woods who aren't even qualified to sweep a floor. I'll take a career politician over those guys any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara_10 View Post
    Amen!
    The Supreme Court as well.
    Very good point on the subject, thru- old age and into death you are qualified for one of the most critical post in our system? I respect my elders but come on, I don't want a 80 year old setting national policy for decades

term limits are a mixed bag- depending on how cynical you are, it's one extreme of putting these positions in the hands of job-jumping hucksters, then on the other extreme you've got quasi-bosses with a "fiefdom" who overstay their welcome and who scarcely seem to bring tactile change/prosperity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2