Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    What is your favorite day trip from Detroit to Canada?
    Little long for a day trip but Toronto is sooo worth it. I would move there in a nanosecond if possible.

I have to travel to Kitchener for business occasionally and there isn't too much there tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Roq View Post
    Little long for a day trip but Toronto is sooo worth it. I would move there in a nanosecond if possible.

I have to travel to Kitchener for business occasionally and there isn't too much there tbh.
    Our family vacations as a kid were quite limited. That's why going to Toronto in 1984 was worth it. I remember eating a standard sundae from a McDonald's there [[being lactose intolerant, that was pushing it), but with enough walking, I wound up going "Buuu-iiick!" right on a busy street corner; which is odd because it's usually trouble on the other end of the digestive tract. My parents confirmed that it was because the McDonald's there used a richer genuine cream than the ones in America.

We ended up visiting Niagara falls and the CN tower, but being acrophobic as a kid, I dampered things with my intimidation of huge, expansive things. Even nightlife [[which we almost never ventured in Detroit as a family) seemed intimidating, but we ended up at the Organ Grinder which was a fun time as a kid. http://www.blogto.com/city/2012/12/t...organ_grinder/

The Royal Ontario Museum was very grandiose and over-powering as a kid; I remember the giant squid replica behind glass at the top of a giant stone staircase really freaked me out. I was able to do a heraldry rubbing in a giant stone hall.

The science museum was awesome [[saw a lecture by Moog, more talk than bweeeep!) with tilting rooms, a hall that records your shadow, and some viewing booths and one with this disturbing National Film Board of Canada cartoon
    . I remember being able to interact well with the kids there.

Yeah we visited caves in Point Pelee. The boat ride was choppy, but it was better to get splashed at the bow of the boat than huddle with a crowd inside a cabin with bees and wasps hovering around in there. I recall one diner we were at had a hacked Pac-Man game that had you playing Popeye's head running around gobbling green dots.

Sad, to say that all my experiences in Windsor have been bad, sometimes down right rotten!