Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    And it would seem... some vandalism already....
    Unfortunate, but things get vandalized everyday in big cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    My question is: What are YOU talking about?
    That whenever a glimmer of hope or beauty [[whether clocks, transit, or bridges) appears in Metro Detroit it is smothered out by the forces of evil. Life is too short to live here. I've been "Detroited." Peace out.

Quote Originally Posted by rjlj View Post
    Sounds like you hang out with some real losers. I have to bet the remainder of the conversations were highly intellectual and intriguing.
    Thanks mom

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    That whenever a glimmer of hope or beauty [[whether clocks, transit, or bridges) appears in Metro Detroit it is smothered out by the forces of evil. Life is too short to live here. I've been "Detroited." Peace out.
    You've said that multiple times on various threads.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

quitter.
    Last edited by bailey; March-11-14 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    You've said that multiple times on various threads.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

quitter.
    Unlike you, I have something to quit. I live in the city, and have long given it my blood, sweat, and tears. I believe life must be considerably easier in Grosse Pointe.

I'm curious. Why do you post here? A quick review of your post history indicates that you alternate between attacking others and attacking Detroit. You don't seem to care of Detroit or the people who reside here. It seems like it must be very frustrating for you.
    Last edited by poobert; March-11-14 at 08:16 AM.

Unlike you, I have something to quit. I live in the city, and have long given it my blood, sweat, and tears. I believe life must be considerably easier in Grosse Pointe.

I'm curious. Why do you post here? A quick review of your post history indicates that you alternate between attacking others and attacking Detroit. You don't seem to care of Detroit or the people who reside here. It seems like it must be very frustrating for you.
    You made a choice, knowing all the facts, to live in Detroit. I knowing all the facts made a different choice when moving back here. You now seem surprised every time something of this nature happens. Detroit didn't get like this yesterday. Matty Maroun didn't buy the bridge or become a slumlord yesterday. 500k people didn't leave yesterday. It's been 50 years of decline and you seem pissed it didn't get fixed yesterday.

I do have to point out though, the clock was cleaned of the graffiti less than 24 hours after it was struck, so how about acknowledging some progress in that arena since the grafitti was the apparent straw.. this time ...that broke your camel's back?

I find both Detroit and metro detroit to be an extremely frustrating places to live. Clearly so do you. However, I've also lived in "real cities" both here and abroad and can say from personal experience ALL cities are frustrating places to live. They all have crime, corruption, inept leaders, and horror of horrors, they even have graffiti. IF you can't figure out how to live with that, they you need to move to some remote and sparsely populated area.

You've posted repeated screeds about how you've had it up to here and aren't going to take it anymore. Fine. Good look. We get it. Move. Hey, move to GP... you're right... it's very nice here and you have all the amenities of the city seconds from your front door and are still very invested in Detroit's success with the advantage of living in the best value for money community in the state [[in my opinion).

I don't attack, I challenge comments that I disagree with.... and I am challenged back. Which is what a discussion board is for. Also, you need to understand sarcasm and gallows humor a little better [[which is what the offending post was btw). But, of course, if you want the Rainbows, Hugs and Puppy Dog Appreciation Society where no one disagrees and all things are just fabulous! you'll have to look elsewhere.
    Last edited by bailey; March-11-14 at 10:03 AM.

This is pretty much why Potholebama needs to die.
    I'd also like to know who you're referring to here. If you're going to make slurs, especially when connected with death, the least you can do is have the stones to say it clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    I'd also like to know who you're referring to here. If you're going to make slurs, especially when connected with death, the least you can do is have the stones to say it clearly.
    Pothole-bama

First word is pothole.
    Last word is the last four letters of Alabama.

Not referring to a person. I've never wished death on anyone here, though I've received such threats on this very board.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Unfortunate, but things get vandalized everyday in big cities.
    True. And the President of Shinola gets it.

“It wasn’t a big deal,” said Jacques Panis, president of Shinola. “We caught it the same day. We cleaned it the same day — and kept on ticking.”

But Panis said he was not concerned that the clocks could become targets of vandals.

Graffiti, he said, is to be expected in an urban area and, if it happens, Shinola has a plan to clean it up right away. Even though the company donated the clocks, the company has promised to continue to maintain them.
    Freep article

Pothole-bama

First word is pothole.
    Last word is the last four letters of Alabama.

Not referring to a person. I've never wished death on anyone here, though I've received such threats on this very board.
    This is pretty much why Potholebama needs to die.
    Well, I'm sure the 5 million citizens of Alabama won't feel disparaged by your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    Well, I'm sure the 5 million citizens of Alabama won't feel disparaged by your comment.
    Butthurt much? This ain't AlabamaYes. When did this become a convalescent home?

Hey back to the original thread. You guys take your swiping at each other somewhere else!

What does Butthurt mean?

Let's calm down, kids. Let's debate the topics and not each other.

I'd be willing to wager the roads in Alabama are way nicer than ours.

Maybe this would work to discourage vandalism:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b91_1395695516

Cass and Canfield
    Name:  20141001_171637.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  24.9 KB

Sorry, posted from my phone
    Last edited by SDCC; October-01-14 at 07:26 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3