Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I've tried everything, including a step by step walk through with a tech, to access and manage my data usage online for AT&T DSL. They can't do it, I can't do it. But if you go over - they will charge you big time. How many new passwords, link accounts, more new passwords, new email acct.'s, to get nowhere?
    I'm about ready to go stone[[d) age.

Had TCI first here in Lincoln Park. When Comcast took over the quality and service took a nosedive. The picture quality was so bad several channels were nearly unwatchable. Calls to Comcast were met with what do want us to do attitude. When WOW came to town I signed up. When I told Comcast I wanted to cancel they acted like they didn't care. When I asked them to remove the cable that ran to my house they refused. So I took my trusty tree lopper and chopped it off at the alley. I must have caused some problems as a repairman was out the next day. He saw what I did and tossed the severed cable into my yard. Touche. Good riddance Comcast. A few years late they were badgering me o come back. No thanks.

Had TCI first here in Lincoln Park. When Comcast took over the quality and service took a nosedive. The picture quality was so bad several channels were nearly unwatchable. Calls to Comcast were met with what do want us to do attitude. When WOW came to town I signed up. When I told Comcast I wanted to cancel they acted like they didn't care. When I asked them to remove the cable that ran to my house they refused. So I took my trusty tree lopper and chopped it off at the alley. I must have caused some problems as a repairman was out the next day. He saw what I did and tossed the severed cable into my yard. Touche. Good riddance Comcast. A few years late they were badgering me to come back. No thanks.

Anyone who has problems with getting screwed by Comcast or AT&T I would suggest filing an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau. It takes a couple of minutes online. The company will call you asking what they can do to make your complaint go away, then you tell them what you want. I was given a $200 credit with AT&T because they were late setting up my service in the shack on Medbury [[some of you may remember The Shack). I waited around for three days until they showed up and was willing to approach my crib.
    In my experience I've complained to the BBB about bad service and was immediately contacted to resolve the complaint by the company I complained about.

Does anybody know what charges are incured above the At&t 150 gig data cap. Is?
    Their undated web pages have said $10 per gig,
    over, and $10 per 50 gigs over with an e-mail warning. Which is it? Don't they take down old info off the web?

Help please.

Also, a Happy Roku/Netflix user [[so far ).

In Southfield, Comcast is the only cable available, so we have Comcast. We switched to the Comcast phone also after becoming frustrated with AT&T over service issues. They would keep insisting our static problem was "in the house" and out of their jurisdiction. We would have to take a phone outside and plug it into the box and assure them there was static out there too. Finally someone would come out and fiddle around and declare the problem fixed. NOT! It developed that there was an infrastructure problem in a parking lot down the street that [[HelLO!) was being parked in during business hours, so nothing could be done. Frustrated, we bailed. Comcast service has not been trouble free, but we have had pretty good customer service on most issues. Compared to AT&T they are top of the line.

DH recently switched at the office after battling AT&T's infrastructure and work assignment issues for over a year. It seems the guy they send out to deal with the problem always discovers that it is a "cable issue" and has to be scheduled to a "construction crew."

Lousy infrastructure and insufficient delegation of resources is to blame. We had a good comparison of services last summer. A huge tree fell right on the pole on the side of our driveway and about four other poles came down as well. It took out Comcast, AT&T, DTE for the whole block. Comcast was right out with a generator and got their line fixed in jig time, all right and tight and professional. DTE pretty quickly fixed and upgraded the connections on the pole. AT&T diddled around for over a week and still have part of their line tied to the Comcast cable with a significant length dangling over the street. It is no one's job to fix that, I am told.

Thought I would pass along; save more money at Menards......

If you are a business customer, 123.net is a great ISP here in Detroit. We have a 100MB connection here at our office and it is extremely reliable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2