Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    Administrative officials have a legal obligation to implement and defend existing law; they can campaign against it, but they are in violation of both their job description and oath of office to not enforce state law. Most often, this affects Attorneys General who have to defend in court state law, even when they disagree with it.
    yeah bill schuette defends the michigan medical marijuana law, oh wait , he doesnt.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    ^^^That's pretty much the long and short of it for me.
    Yup. Tricky Dick acts like he's above the fray but he signs all this shit. Then again why not, the media loves him for some reason and we have a large percentage of idiots in this state that vote for him.

I agree with Snyder on a lot of what he does, but I strongly disagree here with him. I'm really hoping that by the end of this decade we can allow equal rights for people who are gay and decriminalize marijuana while we're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    Free health care.

An old friend who I served with in the military moved in with me last year with three of his children after his divorce. Because I work at Wayne State University, I was able to call him my partner get the State of Michigan to pick up the tab for the $15,000 he now spends for his health care insurance costs. He said he’s going to get a new motorcycle with his big savings and also give some back to me. Although this is a good deal for my old army buddy, I don’t see how this is good for the tax payers. It sounds like a lot of people on this site think it’s a great idea and they support it. Go figure!
    So, let me get this straight. You are claiming you are knowingly abusing and profiting from the system you know is not meant for you to use...and you're bitching about the fact WSU has the program you are abusing? But then again, I'd imagine you're lying about participating in the scam because if he only moved in last year you don't yet qualify. ...unless you lied on your application.

...and you aren't able to call him your "partner" but your "other eligible person". Which is :
    Eligibility: Under this program a non-represented WSU employee, or upon agreement by the applicable union, a
    represented employee, who does not already enroll a spouse for medical, dental, vision and/or tuition
    benefits may enroll one OEP, if ALL of the following eligibility criteria are met:

 The OEP is an adult, age 26 or older;
     The OEP currently resides in the same residence as the employee and has done so for the 18
    continuous months prior to the individual’s enrollment, other than as a tenant;
     The OEP is not a “dependent” of the employee as defined by the IRS; and
     The OEP is not related by blood or by marriage.

Children who are qualified as WSU-defined dependents by an employee’s OEP are also eligible for benefits.
    The only reason this exists is due to WSU and other public institutions and entities trying to work around the most restrictive SSM ban in the country.

End the ban, and scammers like you will lose the scam and ad hoc work around won't be necessary.

PS. I assume you are also aware you are [[or would be if you actually were doing this) being taxed on the value of those benefits [[something that doesn't happen for "spouses"). Hopefully you'll calculate that into what your fictitious co conspirator owes you.
    Last edited by bailey; February-19-14 at 11:00 AM.

Don't worry folks Snyder will be a one term nerd. Remember Public [[EM) Flaw Law, Detroit bankruptcy sell-out and the so called Right to Work Law [[ which it means right to destroy unions).

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Don't worry folks Snyder will be a one term nerd. Remember Public [[EM) Flaw Law, Detroit bankruptcy sell-out and the so called Right to Work Law [[ which it means right to destroy unions).
    Don't forget the taxing of seniors. That's at the top of the list for most.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    The problem with Ricky, is he's done bad things, and he's done good things. I have mixed feelings on him. Some of the good things he's done, I really like. No one ever got anything done rehashing the same old on a forum.

The only man I would support for governor this year over Gov Snyder would be Kevyn Orr. But I doubt he'll run. It makes me laugh that most of the "offenses" that people hate Snyder for are the exact reasons I'll vote for him. I have a slogan for Democrats: "Michigan Needs to Take a Schauer."

Of course...
    Because only young people with college loans, day care bills, houses that aren't payed for, diaper bills, multiple mouths to feed, cars that get beat to shit daily taking people to work should pay income taxes. Everyone knows the working peeps are way to dumb to understand what an "income tax bracket" is so why pay?

My neighbors have 2 SS checks and 2 pension checks which makes a comfortable 6 figure income and they are pretty pissed off. Rick lost their vote for sure...

Chalk up another one for "the greed generation". Hey thanks for the piles of debt all over every facet of government for my entire lifetime. Did you a EVER pay your own way?

Finally, a republican sticks it to rich freeloaders and the democrats start whining.
    Of course...

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    yeah bill schuette defends the michigan medical marijuana law, oh wait , he doesnt.

Affordable Care Act too.

Another law Schuette/Republicans don't give a shit about, and are willing to waste taxpayers money trying to make fail.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Of course...
    Because only young people with college loans, day care bills, houses that aren't payed for, diaper bills, multiple mouths to feed, cars that get beat to shit daily taking people to work should pay income taxes. Everyone knows the working peeps are way to dumb to understand what an "income tax bracket" is so why pay?

My neighbors have 2 SS checks and 2 pension checks which makes a comfortable 6 figure income and they are pretty pissed off. Rick lost their vote for sure...

Chalk up another one for "the greed generation". Hey thanks for the piles of debt all over every facet of government for my entire lifetime. Did you a EVER pay your own way?

Finally, a republican sticks it to rich freeloaders and the democrats start whining.
    Of course...
    The RepubliCONS are the party that's lining their pockets at the expense of the seniors and low to middle class. The Dems did their fair share of _uckups as well, but but let's get it straight, Snyder, and his "Cock" Brothers cronies are doing damage to this state. They are for the rich only. This clown takes money from the schools [[which need it the most) and gives big business the tax breaks. Yeah... he's doing a stand up job alright.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; February-22-14 at 05:21 PM.

Liberals crack me up.

theres plenty of republicans who are going to vote snyder next election.

just like theres plenty of democrats who are going to vote for schauer.

the 2012 presidential election was pretty close [[going by popular vote numbers not electoral college). seems like our country is divided on a lot of issues.

Liberals crack me up.
    And the Conservatives and Tea Partiers crack me up. About the only group that is sain are the Independents. Not hard to see which side of the fence you're on though.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; February-23-14 at 07:17 PM.

The RepubliCONS are the party that's lining their pockets at the expense of the seniors and low to middle class. The Dems did their fair share of _uckups as well, but but let's get it straight, Snyder, and his "Cock" Brothers cronies are doing damage to this state. They are for the rich only. This clown takes money from the schools [[which need it the most) and gives big business the tax breaks. Yeah... he's doing a stand up job alright.
    Yep,
    schools, seniors, windmills, schools, seniors, windmills, green energy! Head out to Berkeley kid, if she didn't do you yet... She will....she did the rest of us.

And the Conservatives and Tea Partiers crack me up. About the only group that is sain are the Independants. Not hard to see which side of the fence you're on though.
    To be fair, I have openly stated my rightward leanings every time a thread gets political. For the record, I am not a Republican. I am a conservative. When I lived in NY, i was a registered Conservative [[3rd biggest party in NYS). Now, I am an independent here. Snyder, though I more or less like him, is not as conservative as I am; and he is certainly not ideological about it. He's a "practical conservative." If labeling myself [[although I wouldn't say that I fall squarely into any one political category), I would say that I am libertarian-leaning conservative with a strong affinity for the Tea Party.

The reason I say liberals crack me up is that so frequently there is an element of hysteria in their sayings and writings. I can hear the screams underpinning their arguments. I sometimes feel like saying, "Calm down, take a deep breath. Now, what precisely are you trying to say?" Liberals can certainly make rational arguments for their side, disagree though I might. But so often arguments on the left can be summarized "Those mean jerk asshole conservative bastard oppressor Wall Street war-mongering pieces of sh!t hate minorities/unions/women/gays/immigrants/unemployed/motherearth/kids/etc..." But I do salute and relish those that can overcome the hysteria and make a concise point. One or two of them post here.

The reason I say liberals crack me up is that so frequently there is an element of hysteria in their sayings and writings.
    Unlike the Tea Party? At some point, both parties need to stomp on their radicals and get back to governing.

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    Unlike the Tea Party? At some point, both parties need to stomp on their radicals and get back to governing.
    I was referring to individuals going off the rails. There are some loonies on the right, of course, but I think by and large we are far less theatrical about our politics. Also having been to Tea Party gatherings large and small, I can report they are pretty mild & sober affairs. A lot of talk about deficit spending, tax reform, following the Constitution. There is no emotional or sanitational equivalent of Occupy Wall Street on the right. We don't have sad Unionistas coming up with witty chants that start with "Hey, hey. Ho, ho..." I don't recall ever being at a conservative gathering where people broke down and cried, except for maybe Glenn Beck. He does that. Conservative events generally end with handshakes and smiles, maybe a few hugs. Sometimes a prayer. Not angry clenched fists, threats of violence, or chants of rage. And no one has to go picking up the garbage we left behind.

I was referring to individuals going off the rails. There are some loonies on the right, of course, but I think by and large we are far less theatrical about our politics. Also having been to Tea Party gatherings large and small, I can report they are pretty mild & sober affairs. A lot of talk about deficit spending, tax reform, following the Constitution. There is no emotional or sanitational equivalent of Occupy Wall Street on the right. We don't have sad Unionistas coming up with witty chants that start with "Hey, hey. Ho, ho..." I don't recall ever being at a conservative gathering where people broke down and cried, except for maybe Glenn Beck. He does that. Conservative events generally end with handshakes and smiles, maybe a few hugs. Sometimes a prayer. Not angry clenched fists, threats of violence, or chants of rage. And no one has to go picking up the garbage we left behind.
    So in layman's terms, what does this mean?

So in layman's terms, what does this mean?
    The point I made above, about observing liberals amusing me: the histrionics of many liberals causes me to laugh at them more than to think about the point they are shrieking. Not all liberals, but a whole bunch of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2